toggle
arun Kumar
Hello world portlet
May 13, 2009 11:59 AM
Answer

arun Kumar

Recent Posts

Hi,
I am new to porlet development, I have got myself into a situation where i need to quickly develop a job portal. I have googled my way to liferay website, and Thinking of suggesting this to my client. as this solves half of my problem as i can develop each use case as custom application for liferay and add it.

can anyone tell me how to create custom liferay applications.

Thanks in Advance,

Arun
Olaf Kock
RE: Hello world portlet
May 13, 2009 12:10 PM
Answer

Olaf Kock

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Some liferay-centric pointers:

You might want to start with the Developer documentation (link to 5.1 as 5.2 version is not out yet, the plugin sdk or Jonas' book. Of course: browse the forums and the wiki to get up-to-date information.

Don't start with the EXT environment - articles that mention it are either for previous versions or talk about customization of the core. Most likely you don't need it - at least not at the beginning.

Other resources about portlet development might also help - others might add their pointers.
Ahmed Hasan
May 20, 2009 4:19 AM
Answer

Ahmed Hasan

Recent Posts

Dear Arun,

Nice to know that you have decided to suggest Liferay to your client to develop the job portal. It is a wonderful and wise decision. You can keep adding applications to the portal from all directions. To quickly develop custom portlets "mPire" is the best tool which auto-generates JSR-268 portlets based on your requirements in just matter of seconds. To know more about mPire, pls follow this link. It is an awesome tool. mPire tool for the latest version of mPire will be available very soon.

For any help feel free to contact me,

Ahmed Hasan
CTO, TransIT mPower Labs (P) Ltd.
info@mpowerglobal.com
mPower Global Inc.
A Liferay expert company.
chack boom
March 23, 2011 10:53 AM
Answer

chack boom

Recent Posts