Forums de discussion

deploying ext plugin

Abhi Ed, modifié il y a 11 années.

deploying ext plugin

Regular Member Publications: 118 Date d'inscription: 04/06/12 Publications récentes
Hello Friends ,
I have created a custom plugin for extending UpdateTermsOfUseAction class.

After building the ext plugin i have to manually copy ext-impl.jar and struts-ext.xml in their desired locations inside server .
I am using jboss 5.1.

When i just copy the war file of my plugin into deploy folder of liferay home (not the deploy inside server) , the plugin doesn't work.

Can I get clarification regarding my situation ?

Regards
Abhi
thumbnail
Amit Doshi, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: deploying ext plugin

Liferay Master Publications: 550 Date d'inscription: 29/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi Abhi,

Can you plz elaborate, which version of liferay and ANT you are using ?

When i just copy the war file of my plugin into deploy folder of liferay home (not the deploy inside server) , the plugin doesn't work.

Have you made build.user-name.properties file in the plugin folder ?

And if you not done the same then plz do it and also un-comment the part of JBOSS Server.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi

Regular Member Publications: 118 Date d'inscription: 04/06/12 Publications récentes
Amit Doshi:
Hi Abhi,

Can you plz elaborate, which version of liferay and ANT you are using ?

Have you made build.user-name.properties file in the plugin folder ?

And if you not done the same then plz do it and also un-comment the part of JBOSS Server.

Thanks & Regards,
Amit Doshi

Hii Amit ,
build.user-name.properties file isn't present in my ext plugin directory structure .
Where should I create it? I have attched an image showing my existing ext plugin structure

And regarding entries in build.user-name.properties file :
Do I need more entries than listed below?

ext.work.dir=/Users/ed/liferay/servers
app.server.dir=${ext.work.dir}/liferay-portal-6.0.0/jboss-5.1.0
app.server.zip.name=/Users/ed/liferay/portal/dist/liferay-portal-jboss-6.0.0.zip

By default Users here will be C:\Users\ed created by windows right???

Regards,
Abhi
Rahul Sharma, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 59 Date d'inscription: 11/01/12 Publications récentes
If the deploy folder is empty and still your ext is not working then you have to write a new line ",/WEB-INF/struts-config-ext.xml" in web.xml(ROOT/WEB-INF/) along with the entry of "/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml" .
Now your ext plugin should works.

Hope that helps!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
Have you set dependencies in liferay-plugin-package.properties

i am working the eclipse IDE and it autogenerated liferay-plugin-package.properties with the following entries :

name=CustomTermsOfUseAction
module-group-id=liferay
module-incremental-version=1
tags=
short-description=
change-log=
page-url=http://www.liferay.com
author=Liferay, Inc.
licenses=LGPL

Do I need to add some more entries in the file?
thumbnail
Jitendra Rajput, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 875 Date d'inscription: 07/01/11 Publications récentes
You can also achieve this functionality by creating hook. Check blog written by mika to override and adding struts action using hook.

http://www.liferay.com/web/mika.koivisto/blog/-/blogs/7132115

Jitendra Rajput:
You can also achieve this functionality by creating hook. Check blog written by mika to override and adding struts action using hook.

http://www.liferay.com/web/mika.koivisto/blog/-/blogs/7132115

I am using liferay 6.06 CE.I guess hook doesn't support action overriding in my version.