Xavier Rodríguez
Global Scope Permissions.
April 26, 2011 2:30 AM
Answer

Xavier Rodríguez

Recent Posts

I've seen in this post:

http://www.liferay.com/es/web/juan.fernandez/blog/-/blogs/6255629

For the moment the Global content repository can only be administered by users with the "Administrator" role.

Is it really so? Do only Administrators have access to he Global content? Or can I define permissions to other users with less rol to add content in this repository?

Thanks,

- Xavier -
Loïc Dumont
RE: Global Scope Permissions.
April 18, 2012 2:31 AM
Answer

Loïc Dumont

Recent Posts

Anything new about this?
Hitoshi Ozawa
April 27, 2012 9:28 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

It may be because global scope assets can only be set from the Control Panel and full permissions across organizations.
Marina Ra
August 7, 2012 4:48 AM
Answer

Marina Ra

Recent Posts

Apparently the global scope is made to share content across organizations, groups etc. One "simply" needs to make a few adjustments as described in this article http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/blogs/4410909/maximized Being a non-developer I fail to understand and follow these steps :-(
First, define permission action SHARE on model com.liferay.kb.knowledgebase.model.KBArticle in default.xml as follows.

<action-key>SHARED_ARTICLE</action-key>

Then, set a property for shared articles by permission across groups.

## shared articles by permission across groups (organizations, communities, my community).

## The permission SHARE is available only if kb.shared.articles.by.permission is set to true.

kb.shared.articles.by.permission=true

##Nothing shared by permission if this property is set to false.

# kb.shared.articles.by.permission=false

this left me confused: WHAT file do I have to edit? WHERE is that file? does the KB portlet have to be redeployed for the changes to take effect? Is there a simpler way to share the content I have in my global-scope KB across my whole portal??