toggle
Rick Marry
dev env for weblogic 8.1 sp4
December 19, 2006 2:50 PM
Answer

Rick Marry

Recent Posts

hello,

I am trying to set up my dev env (ext structure) for integration with weblogic.

I've noticed that liferay doesn't provide entries in the app.server.properties file for commercial appservers.

is there a how-to on setting these properties?

I am going to want to use the war deploy approach (no ejbs)

thanks
rick
Mika Koivisto
RE: dev env for weblogic 8.1 sp4
December 20, 2006 1:56 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

There are some instructions in Liferay documentation here http://content.liferay.com/4.0.0/docs/developers/ch02s01.html#d0e1952
I don't know how useful they are since I haven't installed Liferay on WebLogic myself. That instruction is for the enterprise version with EAR but you should be able to install the WAR similarly.
Rick Marry
December 20, 2006 7:38 AM
Answer

Rick Marry

Recent Posts

thanks for the reply Mike,

the document you are pointing me to is more geared toward installing the portal on the various app servers.

I've been submerged in that document for the past couple of days now...
Please be patient as I've only a couple of days worth of portal experience.

What I'm talking about is; when i create my ext dev environment, there is a file (app.server.<user>.properties. this file is what holds the properties that determine where on a given app server, to copy various classes etc... which is very nice to have when developing porlets and even more necessary to have for changing things about the portal itself (like embedding my portals or integrating acegi security etc...), and then redeploying to the said app server.

Liferay gives these properties to all of the opensource app servers but, for some reason, has not included the commercial ones.

I am just looking for those properties.

In the mean time, I am trying to figure it out for myself.
Mika Koivisto
December 20, 2006 1:33 PM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

True. You probably shouldn't use WebLogic for your day to day development since it's going to take a lot longer to startup than tomcat. I would only use it for testing if that is your target appserver.
Rick Marry
December 20, 2006 3:30 PM
Answer

Rick Marry

Recent Posts

good idea,

So I'll just download the tomcat bundle, set my app.server.properties file to tomcat, and then do all my dev/test/deploy locally. When i want to test it on target (weblogic), I'll just deploy the portal war (that I deployed to tomcat), on weblogic.

I'm sure I'll need to tweak weblogic to make this work, but that should just be a one time thing.

sound right?

thanks,
Rick