toggle
Per Edlund
SharedSessionWrapper
December 19, 2006 6:59 AM
Answer

Per Edlund

Recent Posts

Hi!

I'd just like to say that liferay look really cool. I've tried it for some days now and I like what I see.

I have some problem thoug when integrating a portlet which is accessing JiniServices over rmi. When useing rmi onee mus have the secturity manager set and I also use a plicyfile with all.Permission.

The problem I'm running into is that when running with -security flag in tomcat, I get an NullPointerException in SharedSessionWrapper. This happends because the SharedSessionServletRequest.getSession() will create a SharedSessionWrapper if create is false and shared is false.

Is this because I'm using the portal in a wrong way? I'm new to portals but not to servlets and rmi.

Thanks for any help.

Env:

JDK 1.5.08
Tomcat 5.5
Liferay 4.2

Kind regards Per
Mika Koivisto
RE: SharedSessionWrapper
December 19, 2006 1:04 PM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I suggest that you open a ticket in JIRA and attach description of the problem with full stacktrace (attachment) and preferably some sample code so that the problem can be reproduced more easily. Hopefully someone can help you with this.

You can find JIRA at http://support.liferay.com
Per Edlund
December 19, 2006 1:49 PM
Answer

Per Edlund

Recent Posts

Ok, thanks.

I've made things work by always creating the session in getSession(boolean create) which may not be preferable. Anyway, I'd make a post on the Jira tomorrow.

Thanks
Brian Matthew Sperlongano
February 26, 2007 8:24 AM
Answer

Brian Matthew Sperlongano

Recent Posts

Per Edlund:
Ok, thanks.

I've made things work by always creating the session in getSession(boolean create) which may not be preferable. Anyway, I'd make a post on the Jira tomorrow.

Thanks

I have also had the same problems using JINI/RMI from within Liferay 4.2.1. Has this issue been entered in? To expound a bit more, the behavior is that a null pointer exception is thrown from com.liferay.util.servlet.SharedSessionWrapper.getAttribute(SharedSessionWrapper.java:56).

Could you elaborate on what is meant by "getSession(boolean)" ? I assume you mean getPortletSession(boolean). I've tried adding this into my doView method, but I still get the long stack trace.