toggle
Aaron Paxson
Modify Login/Registration portlet?
June 18, 2011 10:08 AM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

All,

I would like to modify the registration/login portlet, but not sure which file I should be modifying.

The problem is, using "Open ID" is really brilliant, but most people do not know how to login using it. What I would like to do, is add a few "common" buttons based on the most popular OpenID accesses.

For example, in the login page, instead of having an "OpenID" button, add a few buttons called "Twitter", "Google ID", "Wordpress ID", etc. That way, when they click it, we automatically add the appropriate login suffix, and they just put their username/password.

This seems fairly easy in my head, but in practice, not sure how easy it would be. Any comments from anyone?

Thanks!
Jelmer Kuperus
RE: Modify Login/Registration portlet?
June 19, 2011 12:04 AM
Answer

Jelmer Kuperus

Recent Posts

It sounds like you only want to change the screen for that you can use a jsp hook

http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Portal+Hook+Plugins#section-Portal+Hook+Plugins-JSPs
Aaron Paxson
June 20, 2011 7:34 AM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

That's where my ignorance comes in. I have the plugins SDK, and have modified a couple of minor things so far. But for the html/porlet/login files, it's not like there is a simple link that I can change like, "<a href="blah blah>Wordpress Login</a>"

Looked at login.jsp, but showed that it includes navigation.jsp. That seems to be where the other links are like "forgot password, create account, and OpenID". But, if I wanted to add a link, it looks like I have to add struts actions, learn the liferay-ui naming context, etc. A litle over the top to just add a small link.

Is this correct?
Thanks for the reply!
Jelmer Kuperus
June 20, 2011 8:31 AM
Answer

Jelmer Kuperus

Recent Posts

You could simply use javascript right
Aaron Paxson
June 20, 2011 8:37 AM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

I'm sure I could, if I knew it better. That's one of the things I'm trying to pickup quickly. I'm a network engineer, with Java experience and less of a portal guy, though I learn fast.

Know of a good doc that can get me up to speed?

So far, I see that it ports to a Struts action called /login/open_id. However, the struts action shows path="portlet.login.open_id", and I'm used to the forwarding path to be a JSP file. Not sure where portlet.login.open_id exists. A class somewhere, perhaps?

Of course, I could just wipe out the entire struts action in the login form, but I fear I would cause more problems in future upgrades than I would like.

Thanks for taking the time.
--Aaron
Aaron Paxson
June 20, 2011 9:35 AM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

I guess I just need some help understanding the Liferay Struts actions.

1<action path="/login/open_id" type="com.liferay.portlet.login.action.OpenIdAction">
2                        <forward name="portlet.login.open_id" path="portlet.login.open_id" />
3                </action>

I get that the action "/login/open_id" forwards to "portlet.login.open_id"

But, where is "portlet.login.open_id"?

Thanks!
Aaron Paxson
June 20, 2011 10:03 AM
Answer

Aaron Paxson

Recent Posts

Nevermind. I found it in tiles-defs.xml
. .
September 26, 2012 9:48 AM
Answer

. .

Recent Posts

Aaron Paxson:

For example, in the login page, instead of having an "OpenID" button, add a few buttons called "Twitter", "Google ID", "Wordpress ID", etc. That way, when they click it, we automatically add the appropriate login suffix, and they just put their username/password.

Hey! Did you ever find a solution for this? I would like to do the same, link to send the user directly to Google login page instead of them filling the google openid url.

Thanks!