Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » Liferay Legacy

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Matt Bye
How to use a Liferay userid in another application context?
October 12, 2006 12:06 PM
Answer

Matt Bye

Recent Posts

Hello Liferay community,

I have an out of the box Liferay Portal Enterprise 4.1.2 (Bundled with JBoss+Tomcat) installation on Win XP. The portal is, by default, installed in the root context "/" and works fine. I've installed my portlet application (ViewsFlash.war) using the "Admin portlet" -> "AutoDeploy" -> "Hot Deploy". This completes successfully and, as a result, the portlet application is installed at the "/ViewsFlash" context.

I want to configure JBoss such that when I login to the portal at the root context with test@liferay.com/test, that the same userid (lifreay.com.1) will be available, via getRemoteUser(), to my application in the /ViewsFlash context.

Currently when I log into Liferay then go to the /ViewsFlash context, getRemoteUser() returns null. Can anyone offer advice on a configuration that will enable getRemoteUser() to return "liferay.com.1" in the /ViewsFlash context when logged into LR at the root context?

My system is:
Liferay Portal Enterprise 4.1.2 (Bundled with JBoss+Tomcat)
JDK 1.5.0_6
Windows XP Pro

Many Thanks,
Matt
Mika Koivisto
RE: How to use a Liferay userid in another application context?
October 14, 2006 5:40 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

Recent Posts

You need to enable single sign-on across web applications. You can do this by uncommenting following line in deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/server.xml

1<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
Matt Bye
RE: How to use a Liferay userid in another application context?
October 16, 2006 9:43 AM
Answer

Matt Bye

Recent Posts

Thank you Mika! That's exactly what I needed and it works!