Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Daniel Rodriguez
(RESOLVED) Persistence of new fields in an existing portlet
February 15, 2008 6:04 AM
Answer

Daniel Rodriguez

Recent Posts

Hello all!

I'm working in a modification of the Liferay calendar portlet and I have a problem when the new fields I created in the service.xml have to be inserted in the database.

I have added the new fields in the service.xml, after I executed build-service, and I can see the changes in all the methods (addEvent, updateEvent and so on, they now have more parameters for my new fields).

In the database table I have created the new columns to contain these new fields, and I have followed in the debug mode how each method is sending correctly the info to the others but it doesn't write anything in the database.

The new columns of the database are never toucht and even if I insert info in a colum and I try to retrieve this event, it doesn't take it neither.

Looking to EditEventAction.java, CalEventPersistence.java, CalEventService.java, etc I think they are ok, but I don't know where exactly does Liferay call to the database, so I don't know if it's giving an error or if it is simply not doing it at all.

If it's necessary to be known, I'm working with JBoss 4.0 and PostGress database.

I would like to know if someone has done this before what do I have to modify else. Can be important the order of the columns??

Thank you very much
Daniel Rodriguez
RE: Persistence of new fields in an existing portlet
August 25, 2006 4:40 AM
Answer

Daniel Rodriguez

Recent Posts

Solved starting from zero and following the instructions of this thread.

Thank you anyway! emoticon