Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Jacob Caniparoli
Announcement Digest - Is this possible?
April 20, 2011 4:26 PM
Answer

Jacob Caniparoli

Recent Posts

I work for a university and we are trying to run our announcements through Liferay's built in Announcement Portlet. As we have been polling the population of the university we are learning that there is a large group of people that would like to receive their announcements in their email inbox.

This is fine, and Liferay provides a very simple way to send emails along with each announcement. The problem is that we have too many announcements and people receiving that many emails soon just start to ignore them. What we really need is a daily digest; an email that comes out once a day containing a listing of all the announcements for that day for that user. Does such a function exist in Liferay? Has anybody ever created a custom solution for anything like this?

Thanks,
Jacob
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Announcement Digest - Is this possible?
April 20, 2011 5:15 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I don't think daily digest is supported in Liferay.

However, I think it can be set from the mailing list application.
Set "Announcement" to announce to a mailing list application and have users subscribe to the mailing list. Set mailing list to accept posts only from Liferay.
James Denmark
RE: Announcement Digest - Is this possible?
July 15, 2011 2:29 PM
Answer

James Denmark

Recent Posts

Jacob,

I agree this would be a great functionality and I have the same issue with users getting too many announcements. Did you find a solution?

Jim.