Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » Liferay Legacy

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Alexander Chow April 5, 2007 7:11 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Geoff Ebersol July 31, 2006 9:14 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Brian Chan July 31, 2006 9:28 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? David Truong July 31, 2006 3:05 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Geoff Ebersol July 31, 2006 5:11 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner July 31, 2006 10:19 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner July 31, 2006 10:04 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Ed F. August 1, 2006 8:30 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Brian Chan August 1, 2006 9:16 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Joseph Shum August 1, 2006 9:57 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 1, 2006 10:02 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Brian Chan August 1, 2006 10:06 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 1, 2006 10:11 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Brian Chan August 1, 2006 3:35 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 1, 2006 5:06 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 4, 2006 1:46 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Jason LeBouef August 1, 2006 6:58 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Ed F. August 4, 2006 12:59 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Geoff Ebersol August 6, 2006 6:00 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Michael Young August 6, 2006 9:21 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 6, 2006 10:11 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Owen Griffin August 7, 2006 7:43 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? David Truong August 7, 2006 8:05 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Mika Koivisto August 7, 2006 7:19 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Hennie de Villiers September 22, 2010 5:07 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 8, 2006 8:20 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 8, 2006 9:40 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? David Truong August 9, 2006 7:38 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 9, 2006 4:12 PM
Needs visual on URLs Joel Kozikowski August 9, 2006 2:32 PM
RE: Needs visual on URLs Brian Kim August 9, 2006 4:13 PM
RE: Needs visual on URLs Joel Kozikowski August 9, 2006 4:27 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Fanny Aenvie August 9, 2006 5:12 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Russ Danner August 9, 2006 7:39 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Geoff Ebersol August 14, 2006 7:53 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Vivek Agarwal August 15, 2006 3:10 PM
Search results needs date of post Joel Kozikowski September 5, 2006 7:54 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Leonard E. Sitongia September 28, 2006 11:09 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Jörn Ebeling September 28, 2006 3:08 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Leonard E. Sitongia September 28, 2006 11:16 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Jörn Ebeling October 2, 2006 5:40 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Joel Kozikowski October 5, 2006 10:34 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Joel Kozikowski October 10, 2006 6:57 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Brian Chan October 10, 2006 7:06 PM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Joel Kozikowski October 11, 2006 6:37 AM
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet? Leonard E. Sitongia October 11, 2006 12:42 PM
tree div Jörn Ebeling October 24, 2006 5:50 AM
Alexander Chow
What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet?
April 5, 2007 7:11 PM
Answer

Alexander Chow

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Just curious about thoughts from users since the switch to Message Boards. Obviously, it is different from the PHP one that we used before, but any constructive criticism would be great. This is a first major try on improving its UI, but we can always still improve.
Geoff Ebersol
RE: What do you think about the new Message Boards portlet?
July 31, 2006 9:14 AM
Answer

Geoff Ebersol

Recent Posts

It's pretty solid, actually. I'm not a big fan of the tree system (meaning, how each successive window gets smaller in a thread).

Also, the biggest problem that the new boards have pointed out is the member profile. First of all, I can't see other people's profiles. Secondly, what if the profile was in some way connected to the mb portlet? It would be cool to see the previous posts of a user from his profile, etc. Basically, it's a problem I'm seeing in a lot of Liferay's portlets. There is a lack of synergy between the portlets - they feel like separate entities as opposed to connecting pieces. The member profile would be a good place to start to begin connecting those things.

Ideally, I could find recent blog posts, recent mb posts, etc by looking at a user's profile.
Brian Chan
July 31, 2006 9:28 AM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Great idea Geoff. We're looking at adding a signature soon... that is used for mail, message boards, etc.
David Truong
July 31, 2006 3:05 PM
Answer

David Truong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Geoff Ebersol:
It's pretty solid, actually. I'm not a big fan of the tree system (meaning, how each successive window gets smaller in a thread).

Also, the biggest problem that the new boards have pointed out is the member profile. First of all, I can't see other people's profiles. Secondly, what if the profile was in some way connected to the mb portlet? It would be cool to see the previous posts of a user from his profile, etc. Basically, it's a problem I'm seeing in a lot of Liferay's portlets. There is a lack of synergy between the portlets - they feel like separate entities as opposed to connecting pieces. The member profile would be a good place to start to begin connecting those things.

Ideally, I could find recent blog posts, recent mb posts, etc by looking at a user's profile.

the member profile is actually tied to the directory portlet right now which is why everyone is having some permissions issue. Turns out the directory portlet reveals a bit too much info anyways about our users so we should probably create a different one like member portlet that you mentioned.
Geoff Ebersol
July 31, 2006 5:11 PM
Answer

Geoff Ebersol

Recent Posts

It would be cool if the member profile was pretty detailed, but you gave users the ability to say what info they wanted displayed. That'd be a pretty neat feature that I'm sure could be scaled by users to fit their needs in development as well.
Russ Danner
July 31, 2006 10:04 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Is there a way to automatically subscribe to any message you write or reply to? PHPBB sends notifications to you when people reply to your posts without the need to subscribe.
Russ Danner
July 31, 2006 10:19 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Geoff Ebersol:

Geoff,

I like your comment about the lack of synergy between the portlets. This is certainly another thread -- and I'll let you start it if you feel inclined to discuss the subject. Id likes to hear your thoughts on the subject. What do you mean -- how do you mean, you would like to see more synergies between the portlets?

I tend to think of portlets as "small pieces loosely connected"
It seems that with portlets you really want them to address a single concern / problem space. Ideally you can combine them on the screen to address composite issues. So for instance I am looking at your profile and I also see a list of messages you posted. The portlets don’t know anything about each other ... per se... But when they are in proximity of each other (whatever you take that to mean) they start to have some swarm like behavior.

You can see this working very nicely for all kinds of use cases ie a CRM system. Caller calls in. The operator types the name into the profile app. The profile comes up. In the tile next to it the caller’s subscriptions come up. In the tile below it the caller’s payment history comes up.

The real trick is can these components be coded independently of each other? By different folks on different lifecycles and based on some semantic based messaging formats and standards be made to do slick things when "combined".

I don’t have a clue if this has anything to do with what you are proposing but it’s something I think about from time to time.
Ed F.
August 1, 2006 8:30 AM
Answer

Ed F.

Recent Posts

The one thing I miss the most from the old forums is the ability to see your last 10 posts. Subscribing would work just as well, but I would really like some way to jump to my 'current' topics.
Brian Chan
August 1, 2006 9:16 AM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Ok Ed. Just added a "My Posts" next to "Recent Posts" - where recent posts is what recent posts ppl have made, and my posts trims those to just the threads you've responded to.
Joseph Shum
August 1, 2006 9:57 AM
Answer

Joseph Shum

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

no more cool and clever usernames. like say... "joebloggs" =(
Russ Danner
August 1, 2006 10:02 AM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

So I am waiting for a build to finish on my speedy dell 610 laptop.. .dont try this at home boys and girls..

One thing that strikes me is the subscribe method does not have a link back to the forums.. we need that. we want people to come back and stay involed.

Also requiring a login to post a message is too high a barrier to entry. Capchta on the first post is enough. IMO

Just some thoughts on lowering the barrier to entry for community participation.
Brian Chan
August 1, 2006 10:06 AM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

the captcha shows up once per session, and is configurable

2    #
3    # Set the maximum number of captcha checks per portlet session. Set this
4    # value to 0 to always check. Set this value to a number less than 0 to
5    # never check.
6    #
7    captcha.max.challenges=1

Don't most message boards require an account for postings?
Russ Danner
August 1, 2006 10:11 AM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

I think your right, many do. When I have to create an account with a company I get a little leary. Maybe its just the paranoia in me. Are you guys tracking the abandoment rate when people come to the forums and then leave because they have to create an account?
Brian Chan
August 1, 2006 3:35 PM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

No... but our goal is to add a public Wiki next, doc libs, etc, so that we have one community building tool.
Russ Danner
August 1, 2006 5:06 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Eh the login thing is probably not an issue. Sure some people flake, it would be interesting to know how many. I was in an anti login mood this morning i guess emoticon Most forums and wiki's expect it. I think the wiki is a good move. Get your roadmap in that baby and your doc and hopefully you will see some action from the community there. The forums are pretty active from the looks of it.

Once the wiki is up you might really consider using it as your whiteboard. I dont know if all the Liferay core developers sit next to each other or if they are in different countries. I have seen the wiki used as a design tool very sucessfully by Alfresco. It is really nice to be able to track a design and be able to comment and participate before code pressed out.
Jason LeBouef
August 1, 2006 6:58 PM
Answer

Jason LeBouef

Recent Posts

The search function could use a little more.

Just my .00002 cents
Ed F.
August 4, 2006 12:59 PM
Answer

Ed F.

Recent Posts

I miss being able to search all categories from the old forums.
Also, no more private messaging? Whenever I click on a user, I get no permission.

Things I miss the most.
-Ed

Oh, and the My Posts tab is great, thanks for that Brian.
Russ Danner
August 4, 2006 1:46 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Brian Chan:
the captcha shows up once per session, and is configurable

2    #
3    # Set the maximum number of captcha checks per portlet session. Set this
4    # value to 0 to always check. Set this value to a number less than 0 to
5    # never check.
6    #
7    captcha.max.challenges=1

Don't most message boards require an account for postings?

Most require a login but to create that login they require you to give very minimal information. Our site requires a lot of information... where by a lot of information I mean more than an username, password, and email address.

It's totally cool that we can add much more information but thats all that should be required. I filled my profile out in detail, but that should be my choice. I should also be able to say what groups can view what information.

Maybe on signup we ask only for the basics then when they when they visit the profile later they get the full list of available but not required fields.

I think i mispoke when i said the login was too much... its the amount of details which are mandatory. One of our guys echoed the same thoughts the other day when he had to create an account on the site.
Geoff Ebersol
August 6, 2006 6:00 PM
Answer

Geoff Ebersol

Recent Posts

I think all new messages should be at the bottom of the page. If a thread is 10 messages long, and you reply to the 2nd message, it puts your message 3rd on the page. I understand the reason for this, but it makes it awfully hard to find new messages. Any one else have an opinion on this?
Michael Young
August 6, 2006 9:21 PM
Answer

Michael Young

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I agree with you. It's hard to track the sequence of messages with the expanded thread view. Expanded messages need to be chronological and we can generate a thread summary that we can put at the bottom of the page, much like how invision does this.
Russ Danner
August 6, 2006 10:11 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

I'd like some way to have an email event if someone posts a response to my message. The email for subscriptions and replys should include a link so the user doesnt have to hunt down the message. Sending the full text almost creates an oppertunity for people to stay uninvolved -- your not bringing them home.

Also, the text in the input box is kinda tiny.
Mika Koivisto
August 7, 2006 7:19 AM
Answer

Mika Koivisto

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

I think there should be option to view threads in a flat chronological manner. I personally don't like tree views on message boards but otherwise great work. emoticon

What's with these permissions I can assign to my reply? emoticon
Owen Griffin
August 7, 2006 7:43 AM
Answer

Owen Griffin

Recent Posts

Russ Danner:
Also, the text in the input box is kinda tiny.

I agree, for some reason it looks worse in Firefox than it does in Internet Explorer. :S

I also find that sometimes the styling doesn't appear at all, or when it does, appears malformed.
David Truong
August 7, 2006 8:05 AM
Answer

David Truong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

can you take a screenshot of the differences... most of us use firefox and we've never notice that it looks worst
Russ Danner
August 8, 2006 8:20 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Alexander Chow:
Just curious about thoughts from users since the switch to Message Boards. Obviously, it is different from the PHP one that we used before, but any constructive criticism would be great. This is a first major try on improving its UI, but we can always still improve.

I would like to be able to go to a sub categoy and see all of the messages that are new. Because they are threaded its really hard to tell what to read. If i post 2 messages in a forum, the forum shows up in recent posts but i dont know what in that form really is new

Also,

On the alfreso site they have a small gif next to the users (avatar) which shows some sort of affilliation with afresco. an icon for community memember, one for customer, one for engineer, one for integrator etc. At first i thought this was a community building no-no. That it would create some sort of class structure. Fact is, it doesnt. People can tell who the core engineers are, who are the integrators working with the product every day, and who the customers are. They can easily see what perspective they are getting. On the support side, Liferay can easily see who is a customer and respond right away. Ok so that seems unfair.... nope... they paid for that quick response and the community benifits becuase the answer was in public. I like that the forum has avatars but maybe we should consider a second one related to the community.

For this reason I have started to avoid using our supports private Liferay JIRA other then to enter a title, a priority, and a link to the forum. It is better for everyone that the support information ends up here or wiki (AHEM.) That also means... the more of you guys who buy support the better off we will all be (so buy support.)
Russ Danner
August 8, 2006 9:40 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

I feel like i am hammering on this forum... first... its better then I could do... ok back to my usual complaining self...

Does anyone else find it anoying that you get notified by Joe Bloggs that YOU posted a message?
David Truong
August 9, 2006 7:38 AM
Answer

David Truong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

do you mean when you subscribe to a thread?

and are you annoyed by the fact that joe bloggs emailed you or the fact that you get a notification that you posted a message cause i get annoyed when joe emails me too emoticon
Russ Danner
August 9, 2006 4:12 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Yeah... its almost enough to make me want to unsubscribe... I wrote the messsage... thanks joe, I know.

And a link to the actual new message in the thread (you are subscribed to) would be more then a little helpful
Joel Kozikowski
Needs visual on URLs
August 9, 2006 2:32 PM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

If you use the [ url ] tag, you don't get any visual representation that the text is hyperlinked. Only if you mouse over it do you see the underline. Hyperlinks need to display some hint that you can click on them, WITHOUT having to mouse over them.
Brian Kim
RE: Needs visual on URLs
August 9, 2006 4:13 PM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Joel Kozikowski:
If you use the [ url ] tag, you don't get any visual representation that the text is hyperlinked. Only if you mouse over it do you see the underline. Hyperlinks need to display some hint that you can click on them, WITHOUT having to mouse over them.

I would actually have to disagree on this one. "Visual representation" that text is a link is a dated conception. Take a look at most of the major websites out there, including yahoo.com, and you'll see that links aren't always underlined. Rather, I think it's up to the designer to decide on whether a link needs to be obvious or not, rather than making it a requirement.
Joel Kozikowski
RE: Needs visual on URLs
August 9, 2006 4:27 PM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

I said "visual representation", not "underline"...

The current behavior is that you see NO difference between regular text and hyperlinked text. When you mouse over it, you see an underline.

BUT - currently, there is no visual representation whatsoever that you can even mouse over it.

While I agree that "underline" is somewhat archaic, I DO think that at minimum, the text color should be different, and perhaps bold.
Fanny Aenvie
August 9, 2006 5:12 PM
Answer

Fanny Aenvie

Recent Posts

it rocks, but i think there is danger that liferay fails in
doing their core business (which is portal-core) right if they
put too much effort in developing MessageBoard, Wiki, Blog and
so on ...

strict separation of such 'very nice to have' portlets
from the portal-core is important. -> delegation of mb-development.
Russ Danner
August 9, 2006 7:39 PM
Answer

Russ Danner

Recent Posts

Fanny Aenvie:
so on ...

strict separation of such 'very nice to have' portlets
from the portal-core is important. -> delegation of mb-development.

In many ways I agree. But I dont have insight into the liferay development team. For all we know they have certain people working on apps while others work on portal. Just want to makw sure we are balanced in our views.

now, there are a ton of fine wiki and forum providers out there and I think what liferay aught to do is show how awesome it is that they run thier site integrated with these, developing single sign on for these etc. It seems like you are saying not only do we have a kick ass portal but we integrate with all of this other stuff. Which is what really adds value to the portal.

If I can get all my portlets in one place... well then they might as well not follow a spec. (I dont actually mean that but I am saying it for effect.)

Diversity is paramount and it bridges communities which translates into bridges customer bases which translates into revenue.
Geoff Ebersol
August 14, 2006 7:53 AM
Answer

Geoff Ebersol

Recent Posts

I agree. As Russ said, I'm pretty sure that Liferay has some people working on the Portal, per se, and others working on the Portlets. Liferay is a great product even without the portlets that they provide, but there is no doubt that having some great, useable and scalable portlets is something that sets Liferay apart from the pack. I hope they continue to change and refine their portlets until they match the UI and performence of standalone applications (hopefully an updated JRE will help with this).
Vivek Agarwal
August 15, 2006 3:10 PM
Answer

Vivek Agarwal

Recent Posts

Another minor suggestion on improving the message boards involves the display of search results. The current message board search results screen has a couple of usability issues -

1) Does not display the posting date - so I cannnot figure out how relevant the post is (especially when I am using this Liferay forum - I do not care as much about postings from 2004 because they are probably obsolete)

2) It shows messages as opposed to threads. If matching threads were shown, then you could show the number of posts in the thread which can also help me pick the useful results from the non-useful ones (again when using the Liferay forums, if a thread only has one post in it, it is unlikely to be very useful because it is probably only a question with no answer).

All in all, the message board improvements are certainly very welcome and appreciated! Keep up the good work!
Joel Kozikowski
Search results needs date of post
September 5, 2006 7:54 PM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

Just a little feedback on the Message Boards search functionality:

The "search results" page really needs to have a date the post was made, and ideally, it would be sortable by post date.

I've tried to "help myself" by searching the forums for answers, particularly when I've encountered something that I think might be a bug, but some common topics returns pages and pages of matches. Many of them are old and relate to version 3.x or before, and usually, bugs from 2 years ago have been fixed. It would be nice to first look at some of the more recent posts.
Jörn Ebeling
September 28, 2006 3:08 AM
Answer

Jörn Ebeling

Recent Posts

First off all I was very happy to see the liferay forum in use on liferay.com. I had much troubble with the UI of the forum in liferay 3.6. in different projects. In one case the forum was replaced by jforum as a stand alone solution without integration in liferay. It was hard for me to find arguments why to use the liferay 3.6 forum when everyone could see that even liferay.com is using another forum.

The new forum is much better. I haven't had a realy close look on it by now but with my first impression I'm quite sure that a lot of my problems with the old forum are gone now.

An improvment for the new forum from my point of view would be to provide different "skins" for the forum. I think that the tree-structure of the forum ist good for group-ware and business commuinties. The tree structure helps to follow a discussion which is devided in a lot of aspects. For a "fun-community" the tree structure is not very helpfull. The user wants to answer quickly to the latests posts. For this a chronical listing is better. I wrote skins because I think that business and fun portals should use an other l&f for the forum. Business communities may be designed application like an fun communities not.

An other aspect is the posting formular. I think that there are to many fields and buttons. The text verfification e.g. is usefull in some cases but it might be a barrier for a new user to make his first post. The permissions should not be set by any user. In some cases it might be usefull in others not. The admin should be able to customize wether these fields are shown or not.
Leonard E. Sitongia
September 28, 2006 11:09 AM
Answer

Leonard E. Sitongia

Recent Posts

Fanny Aenvie:
so on ...

I understand, but I'd have to say personally that both are vital to getting adoption. Having good portlets is perhaps more important. There are other portals that I was very interested in because I like the technology they use for the infrastructure, but I couldn't use it in a live site because the content isn't there. In other words, the lack of even the most important portlets is missing. So, I pick Liferay, which has good infrastructure, and good content, and I'll develop portlets to deploy in it.

Of course, the big idea behind JSR-168 is that porlets can come from outside sources. It would be great if it were trivial to make use of that.

==Leonard
Leonard E. Sitongia
September 28, 2006 11:16 AM
Answer

Leonard E. Sitongia

Recent Posts

How about being able to subscribe to an entire forum, so that one gets all postings, like it was a mailing list?
Jörn Ebeling
October 2, 2006 5:40 AM
Answer

Jörn Ebeling

Recent Posts

What about displaying the number of answers of a post within the search result? It would be helpful to decide how importend a thread is.
Joel Kozikowski
October 5, 2006 10:34 AM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

I think we need to do away with the threaded listings (i.e., how messages are displayed NOT in chronological order, but in threaded order).

Either that, or we DESPARATELY need a "read" and "unread" indicator.

Now that we have some traffic on the board, I'm finding I'm missing a lot of posts (and people are missing my posts) because I'm replying to a reply, and my "more recent" post is stuffed up in the middle of a long thread. Without some type of visual indicator to show you which posts you have already read (and which ones you haven't), most people just go to the bottom of the thread and look at the last few messages.
Joel Kozikowski
October 10, 2006 6:57 AM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

NICE NICE NICE!!!

I'm getting my first looks at the new enhancements to the message board, and I like it! Also noticed RSS on the individual topics. Very cool!

I like the separation of the "thread index" from the posts themselves, but having the posts in their natural chronological order is the real big advancement.

Now, as a very small refinement, I think it might be nice to put the "thread index" in a collapsable <DIV> area so it can be shown/hidden. Then, allow the user to show or hide the index. In a post like this one (where there are a LOT of individual posts), the thread index is fairly long and requires a lot of scrolling just to get to the "meat." For me personally, the thread index is interesting, but not particularly useful from a practical standpoint, so I don't really look at it (this goes not just for this msg board, but for all of the board I participate in). So for me, I'd like the "default" to be to "hide" the index. Perhaps that can be a user configurable option.

Otherwise - great work!
Brian Chan
October 10, 2006 7:06 PM
Answer

Brian Chan

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Ok. Added it. emoticon
Joel Kozikowski
October 11, 2006 6:37 AM
Answer

Joel Kozikowski

Recent Posts

Brian Chan:
Ok. Added it. emoticon

Wow that was fast! emoticon Works great!
Leonard E. Sitongia
October 11, 2006 12:42 PM
Answer

Leonard E. Sitongia

Recent Posts

Yes, very cool! :-)

Since getting the development environment going in Netbeans 5.5, I'm seeing nice designs, for example how the -ext and /ext approach works.

Liferay is very nice for developers!
==Leonard
Jörn Ebeling
tree div
October 24, 2006 5:50 AM
Answer

Jörn Ebeling

Recent Posts

Brian Chan:
Ok. Added it. emoticon

Is it possible to turn off this feature within the configuration or to hide it by default for guests.
Its very nice for discussions here (it would be even better if user start to use a subject related to theire posts), but I think for fun-discussions where structure is not that importend and threads are very long, this feature doesn't look very nice because you have to scroll a lot until you see the real content and the subject of the post in the tree is not very helpfull because 90% of the post are named "RE: ..."
Hennie de Villiers
September 22, 2010 5:07 AM
Answer

Hennie de Villiers

Recent Posts

Ideally the end user should have the option to choose how he/she would like to view, order and sort new messages.

Different people have different ways of working.

Also you preferences should be remembered by the system or cookie