Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Doug Molineux
Chat Configuration
March 28, 2011 10:48 AM
Answer

Doug Molineux

Recent Posts

Is there any configuration options available for the Chat Portlet?

Specifically I wanted to restrict user-visibility to organization,

So that users of different organizations will not see users of other organizations in the Online Friends list,

Thanks!
SZ khan
RE: Chat Configuration
March 28, 2011 3:02 PM
Answer

SZ khan

Recent Posts

Similar discussion is here

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/8038994
Hitoshi Ozawa
March 28, 2011 8:36 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I think the easiest way is just to make a community that has all members of an organization.
Personally, since there are full employee, part time employee, and contracted workers in an organization, it's better to create communities for these type and restrict access.
Hitoshi Ozawa
March 28, 2011 8:37 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I think the easiest way is just to make a community that has all members of an organization.
Personally, since there are full employee, part time employee, and contracted workers in an organization, it's better to create communities for these type and restrict access.
Gar Bowning
January 2, 2013 1:57 AM
Answer

Gar Bowning

Recent Posts

Hi,
On the subject of Chat configuration, does anyone know of a definitive procedure to set this up?

I have downloaded Openfire server, it is currently running on the same server as my Liferay, I have downloded the liferay chat from the market place, and all I get is either a constant spinning hour glass next to on-line friends, or a occasionally get the message of 1 friend on-line when I am testing with a friend, but immediately it seizes up.

I am also not sure whether the configuration settings are in portal-ext.properties, or in portlet-ext.properties, and if it is the latter whether it is stored in /src or /class of the chat portlet?

if someone at least can let me know this location, and I can focus on the correct area.
Thanks,
Gary
Hitoshi Ozawa
January 2, 2013 6:04 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Sorry Gar but I don't see how your question pertain to the topic of this thread. If you have a new question, please create a new thread as is written in the forum guideline.