toggle
François Le Quemener
Integrate EXT in Maven2
February 15, 2011 9:23 AM
Answer

François Le Quemener

Recent Posts

Hi,

I'm setting up a developement environment using Maven2. I created my parent project, and child projects :

PARENT
|
|-hooks
| |-hook1
| | |-pom.xml
| |-hook2
| | |-pom.xml
|
|-themes
| |-theme1
| | |-pom.xml
|
|-pom.xml

I managed to write pom.xml which build WAR and deploy them automatically in my Liferay.

The problem is for the Ext plugin. It is fully integrated in liferay-plugins-sdk, and I did not manage to externalize it to make it a maven project.

I got lot's of errors compilations like:
1[INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while executing this line:
2/home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-plugins-sdk/ext/build-common-ext.xml:123: The following error occurred while executing this line:
3/home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-plugins-sdk/ext/build-common-ext.xml:169: The following error occurred while executing this line:
4/home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-plugins-sdk/build-common.xml:90: srcdir "/home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-mod-root/ext/docroot/WEB-INF/ext-service/src" does not exist!

Is there any way to do it simply, or do I need to keep it inside liferay-plugins-sdk?

Thanks!
Thiago Leão Moreira
RE: Integrate EXT in Maven2
February 15, 2011 4:50 PM
Answer

Thiago Leão Moreira

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hey François,

It isn't simple use plugin EXT as a Maven project but have you tried to create the /home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-mod-root/ext/docroot/WEB-INF/ext-service/src directory? I'm not sure but I think that I had the same problem using the plugin-sdk.
BUT this won't be the only problem that you gonna find. The war built by the plugin-sdk for a EXT plugin is not a real war file. It doesn't contains a web.xml file neither classes and lib directories.
I'm working on an extension for Maven to be able to build the Plugin EXT natively.

Hope this helps
François Le Quemener
February 15, 2011 11:49 PM
Answer

François Le Quemener

Recent Posts

I Thiago,

I had a different approach. I tried to override the javac.src variable used in Ant build-common-ext.xml. For some reason, it worked for other variables, not for this one. I did not try to create this folder because my src files aren't in it. They are in:

/home/frleq/Dev/projets/VilleDeNiort/WORKSPACE/liferay-mod-root/ext/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/ext-service/src
(according to maven2 standard).

I agree, this won't be the only problem. I managed to resolve the others (web.xml missing...), but this javac.src problem is the main one (and the other variables used by ant script).

Thanks for your help
Tarun S. Kayasth
April 4, 2011 8:31 AM
Answer

Tarun S. Kayasth

Recent Posts

Hi Thiago,

do you have more information on building ext plugin using maven in liferay 6 SP1!
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarun
Thiago Leão Moreira
April 4, 2011 10:37 AM
Answer

Thiago Leão Moreira

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Tarun.

Unfortunately this is still not supported.
Hans-Joachim Kliemeck
July 25, 2011 2:06 AM
Answer

Hans-Joachim Kliemeck

Recent Posts

see http://sampsa.sohlman.com/fi/home/-/blogs/building-custom-liferay-with-maven for maven overlay method
François LE QUEMENER
July 25, 2011 2:15 AM
Answer

François LE QUEMENER

Recent Posts

Hajo Kliemeck:
see http://sampsa.sohlman.com/fi/home/-/blogs/building-custom-liferay-with-maven for maven overlay method

This method seems to customize the whole portal, just like the old ANT system did in Liferay 5.2. As it does not use the plugin system (ext is now like a plugin), I don't think this method is recommanded...
Thiago Leão Moreira
July 25, 2011 11:24 AM
Answer

Thiago Leão Moreira

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The next release of Liferay (6.1) wiil have all plugins type supported on Maven. Stay tuned!
Alexey Melnikov
November 29, 2012 5:28 PM
Answer

Alexey Melnikov

Recent Posts

Any news?

Need working example with adding portal-ext.properties.
Vishal Panchal
November 29, 2012 9:03 PM
Answer

Vishal Panchal

Recent Posts

Alexey Melnikov:
Any news?

Need working example with adding portal-ext.properties.

Hi, Alexey Melnikov

kindly go through this link.

Link contains sufficient steps to create Maven based EXT plugin in Liferay.

You may try it by overriding --> -ext-impl
which contains portal-ext.properties configuration file, any custom implementation classes and any classes that override core classes in portal-impl.jar

Hope it helps..!

Thank&Regards,
Vishal R. Panchal