toggle
Nicholas Pink
Liferay on Weblogic 10 running slow
January 27, 2011 3:32 AM
Answer

Nicholas Pink

Recent Posts

Hello,

I have deployed liferay 6.0.5CE on two different environments.
1) Weblogic 10.3.3 on a Solaris Box with 8GB of ram and 4 cores.
2) Weblogic 10.3.3 on a Core2duo 3GB ram windows box.

I've created a new domain in weblogic each time with default settings and deployed liferay to both and found its taking several minutes navigating to different pages in Liferay Portal and its not particulary useful in this state.

For comparison it's pretty fast on tomcat.

There is nothing particularly interesting in the logs to indicate any errors and i've tried both the in built database as well as an external one but doesnt make any difference .

I did a search on the forum and found a post about liferay being slow on windows 7 and noted that the application server being used was also weblogic.

Has anybody experienced any similar performance issues with Weblogic 10.3.3 or know any settings that need to be tweaked?

Thanks,

Nick
Joseph Shum
RE: Liferay on Weblogic 10 running slow
January 27, 2011 5:00 AM
Answer

Joseph Shum

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hello Nicholas,

Can you check if your WebLogic server is in production mode and not development mode?

One of our partners shared this link with me and the result was vastly improved performance of Liferay on Weblogic.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E15523_01/apirefs.1111/e13952/taskhelp/domainconfig/ChangeRuntimeModes.html
Nicholas Pink
RE: Liferay on Weblogic 10 running slow
January 27, 2011 5:50 AM
Answer

Nicholas Pink

Recent Posts

I've now set it to production mode and it makes a masssive amount of difference.

Thanks for your help,

Nick