Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Jan Tošovský
Discarded layout of pages navigated from search results
December 13, 2010 7:57 AM
Answer

Jan Tošovský

Recent Posts

Hello Everyone,

if I find some portlet content and I navigate it via the link in the search result, it displays just the portlet itself, not the original Liferay page with all the content (other portlets and layout).
It can be easily simulated on this liferay page when you enter your search phrase into the search field right the top menu and then in the results choose any WIKI item.
This WIKi page is displayed without left menu as usual...
In Firefox there is '- Back' link at the top which redirects the user to the original layout. But this is missing in MSIE.
I think it could be by design, some content can be shared between pages so it isn't always clear in which layout that content to display. But this is not my case.
Is there any way how to navigate from search results into full featured liferay page (with all the portlets and original layout)?

I am implementing Liferay mainly because of search across wiki/messages/web content, but I see that I am loosing the context very quickly when I navigate the page from search results as there is missing navigation, there is incomplete breadcrumb and so on.

Regards,
Jan
Rajesh Nathi
RE: Discarded layout of pages navigated from search results
December 7, 2011 8:40 AM
Answer

Rajesh Nathi

Recent Posts

Hi,

I have the same problem, If the article is not displayed on any layout then the search result will link directly to the article (/c/journal/view_article_content?groupId=123&articleId=1234.) and the theme is not rendered, it just shows the article in a new window.

did you succed in finding a solution to it, if so can you please share.

Thank you.

-Rajesh
Jan Tošovský
December 13, 2011 7:33 AM
Answer

Jan Tošovský

Recent Posts

It has been fixed for 6.1 version.
Rajesh Nathi
January 19, 2012 9:27 AM
Answer

Rajesh Nathi

Recent Posts

thats great news. Thanks Jan. Now i have to upgrade to 6.1 and check it.

-Rajesh