Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Stefan Klett
Directory Structure of a Portal
December 10, 2010 12:38 AM
Answer

Stefan Klett

Recent Posts

Hi Fellows,

Again I hit a problem which I could not resolve yet by searching the web - although not "life critical" , the knowledge of the correct directory structure of a portal might save some development time - if it is clear right from the beginning.
In my case this question arises from the behavior of eclipse - I already got one portlet up and running (it displays data from a database) and my aim is to add some functionality by creating a second portlet which should fulfill the task of data import from Excel Worksheets.

What puzzles me is that eclipse simply creates a new file in the same directory as my first portlet if I start a new liferay portlet via File-> New->New Liferay Portlet. This might be correct - because the portlet class inherits from com.liferay.util.bridges.mvc.MVCPortlet but I wonder how it could be - because eclipse doesn't adapt the structure files - like liferay-portlet.xml - web.xml etc. accordingly.
I would expect eclipse either a new portlet directory structure - or to update the files.

I would appreciate very much for comments which might be helpful to clarify the correct structure of a portal with more than one portlet - and the way to get to this point using eclipse.

Thank you very much in advance

Best regards
Stefan

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!