Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Dave Finch
Upgrading from Liferay Enterprise 3.5 to 3.6
September 2, 2005 2:26 AM
Answer

Dave Finch

Recent Posts

<br /><br />Hi,<br /><br />We are considering upgrading from 3.5 to 3.6 but we have a large number of classes generated uses the service builder.<br /><br />Attempting to build the ext-ejb module failed but changing an import in all the persistence classes from com.liferay.portal.util.HibernateUtil to com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.HibernateUtil fixed that.<br /><br />Although these EJBs etc deploy, the Spring services fail. I assume this is because of the changes that have been made in the transaction layer.<br /><br />I did some analysis and see that the service build class has changed a fair amount.<br /><br />As far as I can see we have two possible upgrade paths, although I am not sure whether is another, better option.<br /><br />1. just regenerate all the xml files using build-ejbxml<br />2. regenerate all the classes using build-service and re-implement our changes<br /><br />What is out best upgrade path?<br /><br />Is there a better approach we can take to avoid this problem in the future?<br />Would we be better extending the persistence classes and setting the relevant properties to make the util classes use the extended classes?<br /><br />Does anyone have any experience of this???<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Dave<br />