Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Tobias Käfer
Is this bug really fixed?
August 17, 2010 9:23 PM
Answer

Tobias Käfer

Recent Posts

Hi!

I was wondering, if this bug LPS-11291 is really fixed. I doubt it.
Let me tell you why:
The SQL-Statement is generated in com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_3.UpgradePermission and it has not changed! So the "%" char as the Modulo operator is causing problems in many Databases (eg. DerbyDB ).
There is a conversion Tool com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.common.SQLTransformer, that transforms "MOD(...)" SQL statement into something, that matches the currently used DB.

So what I would except is, that the "%" in com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_3.UpgradePermission is replaced by "MOD(...)" and let the com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.common.SQLTransformer does its work.

More strangely is, that the "MOD(...)" should be transformed into "%" for Oracle 10 by the com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.common.SQLTransformer. Isn't that the thing that caused the problems for the reporter of the issue?

He clearly says, that the statement should be changed to used the "MOD(...)" instead of "%".
And this change has to be done in com.liferay.portal.upgrade.v6_0_3.UpgradePermission!
Also you might have to revert the changes for "MOD(...)" in the com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.common.SQLTransformer.

Do I miss something?

Cheers
Tobias