Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Josh Bonczkowski
Liferay 6 - Document Library portlet understanding
June 10, 2010 11:12 AM
Answer

Josh Bonczkowski

Recent Posts

I believe I have a misunderstanding on what the Document Library portlet does and need some help in understanding it. I believe some background on my potential configuration is useful as well.

We have one main site. Currently this is running under the 'guest' organization. We have multiple customers and each customer is another company. To model this, I am planning on creating an organization for each of our customers. I want members of each organization to be able to view only their organizations document library directly from the main site.

I have placed the Document Library portlet on the main site. This portlet is currently only showing the documents which belong to the 'Guest' community. There does not appear to be a way for a customer to select their organization's document library to view those documents.

Is there a way to have the behavior I am requesting with the current Document Library portlet?

Thanks.
SZ khan
RE: Liferay 6 - Document Library portlet understanding
June 11, 2010 4:22 AM
Answer

SZ khan

Recent Posts

it depends on the page where you placed it and your permission too. Every community and organisation has public and private pages. Try putting there and it will show the documents from that entity. In addition you may give permission on every page and file
Josh Bonczkowski
June 11, 2010 5:16 AM
Answer

Josh Bonczkowski

Recent Posts

Sultee,

Thanks for that information. Unfortunately, my organizations will not have any extra pages. Looks like I'll need to extend the current portlet to allow what I need.

Thanks.
Eric Min
June 11, 2010 11:34 PM
Answer

Eric Min

Recent Posts

Josh Bonczkowski:
I want members of each organization to be able to view only their organizations document library directly from the main site.

You could specify the scope of document libraray portlet on the page via configuration->scope.
Josh Bonczkowski
June 15, 2010 8:26 AM
Answer

Josh Bonczkowski

Recent Posts

Eric Min:
Josh Bonczkowski:
I want members of each organization to be able to view only their organizations document library directly from the main site.

You could specify the scope of document libraray portlet on the page via configuration->scope.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did bring up the configuration -> scope options. It is probably a mis-configuration on my side still, but I only have two options under scope and neither do what I would like. The two options are 'default' and 'Current page (My Documents)'. Neither of these options give access to an organizations document library from the main site.
Brad Harriger
July 21, 2010 9:13 AM
Answer

Brad Harriger

Recent Posts

Josh Bonczkowski:

Did you find a solution to this issue? I'm looking for something similar. Thanks.
Josh Bonczkowski
July 21, 2010 9:14 AM
Answer

Josh Bonczkowski

Recent Posts

Brad,

Unfortunately, no. For now, I got buy-in that just global access will work. In another few revisions of my site, I'll have to look at extending the existing functionality in some way to get the desired behavior that I need.
Wessel Oosthuizen
April 1, 2013 10:34 AM
Answer

Wessel Oosthuizen

Recent Posts

I am looking for this same functionality.

Have you found a solution to this?

Thanks
Manish Yadav
April 3, 2013 12:36 PM
Answer

Manish Yadav

Recent Posts

i recommend communities in place of organization ....if there is no hierarchy connection between Customer A and Customer B....Then better to create two communities....
its easy to maintain communities and giving permission ....you can get default behavior what you needed .it means Document Library Document for Customer A can only visible to Customer A not Customer B