Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Eric Devlin
jboss has wrapped SessionFactory in a proxy throwing cce
February 19, 2008 7:49 AM
Answer

Eric Devlin

Recent Posts

The session factory seems to have been wrapped in a jboss proxy class leading to a cce. I'm using lr 4.2.2 bundled with jboss. I followed the directions in the http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Connecting_to_Another_Datasource/Database. That seemed to work pretty well when the second data source was from the same provider and on the same machine. I'm having issues with a different provider on a different machine. I did have to modify the ejb-jar.xml by hand to reference the other datasources. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks
Eric

CODE
session = HibernateUtil.openSession( "jDEdwardsCommonSessionFactory" );
LOG
java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy437
at com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.HibernateUtil.getSessionFactory(HibernateUtil.java:128)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.HibernateUtil.openSession(HibernateUtil.java:148)
Eric Devlin
RE: jboss has wrapped SessionFactory in a proxy throwing cce
February 21, 2008 8:37 AM
Answer

Eric Devlin

Recent Posts

This ended up working.

import org.hibernate.SessionFactory;
SessionFactory jDEdwardsCommonSessionFactory = (SessionFactory)BeanLocatorUtil.locate( "jDEdwardsCommonSessionFactory" );

Another possible patch might be in com.liferay.portal.spring.hibernate.HibernateUtil to modify the getSessionFactory to check on the class being returned by BeanLocatorUtil.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!