Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Rob de Tuinman
Deploy IBM JSF Portlet on Liferay
May 6, 2010 6:22 AM
Answer

Rob de Tuinman

Recent Posts

Hi, i'm trying to deploy an empty IBM JSF portlet on Liferay 5.2.3 (bundled with tomcat 6). After adding required jars to the WEB-INF\lib directory, the deploy is succesful.

When adding the portlet to a page, i get the following error:

09:49:10,527 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:227] Registering portlets for TestIBMJSF
09:49:10,602 INFO [PortletHotDeployListener:346] 1 portlet for TestIBMJSF is available for use
09:49:25,711 ERROR [PortletRequestDispatcherImpl:316] javax.servlet.ServletException: File "/TestIBMJSFView.jsp/TestIBMJSFView.jsp" not found
javax.servlet.ServletException: File "/TestIBMJSFView.jsp/TestIBMJSFView.jsp" not found

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:319)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:535)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:472)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.dispatch(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:307)
at com.liferay.portlet.PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.include(PortletRequestDispatcherImpl.java:122)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.httpbridge.PortletRequestDispatcherWrapper.include(PortletRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:61)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.httpbridge.PortletRequestDispatcherWrapper.forward(PortletRequestDispatcherWrapper.java:35)
at com.sun.faces.context.ExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ExternalContextImpl.java:346)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.httpbridge.PortletExternalContextWrapper.dispatch(PortletExternalContextWrapper.java:89)
at com.sun.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:152)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.PortletViewHandlerImpl.renderView(PortletViewHandlerImpl.java:79)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase.execute(RenderResponsePhase.java:107)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.phase(LifecycleImpl.java:245)
at com.sun.faces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:137)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.doRender(FacesPortlet.java:370)
at com.ibm.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.doView(FacesPortlet.java:411)
at testibmjsf.TestIBMJSFPortlet.doView(TestIBMJSFPortlet.java:28)

The portlet.xml has the following initial JSP set:

<portlet-class>testibmjsf.TestIBMJSFPortlet</portlet-class>
<init-param>
<name>com.ibm.faces.portlet.page.view</name>
<value>/TestIBMJSFView.jsp</value>
</init-param>

It is a JSR168 portlet with IBM JSF. I've been testing with IBM Rational Application Developer 7.0 and 7.5. Both portlets give the same error. It is also happening with a JSR286 portlet created with RAD7.5.
The portlet-class extends com.ibm.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet.

Any idea where to look?
Alexey Kakunin
RE: Deploy IBM JSF Portlet on Liferay
May 7, 2010 2:43 AM
Answer

Alexey Kakunin

Recent Posts

I'm not sure about IBM JSF Portlet. as far as I know, JSF protlets working with portal via JSF bridge. Liferay has some sample portlet with JSF used this bridge. You can check them in svn.
I think it make sense to get it, build and compare with IBM portlet to check difference.

It may happens this portlet is designed to be run under IBM WebSphere portal

==
Alexey Kakunin
EmForge: Liferay Based Project Hosting Service
Rob de Tuinman
May 23, 2010 2:43 PM
Answer

Rob de Tuinman

Recent Posts

I had a couple of IBM JSF portlets running on Websphere Portal and i hoped to get them running on Liferay fairly easy... But it's not going to work.

Now i'm looking into ICEFaces for developing portlets, and these portlets run on both Liferay 5.2.3 and IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1!

So i guess i will have to rewrite the JSP's of the IBM JSF portlets in order to use ICEFaces tags.

If anyone comes up with something to get an IBM JSF portlet running on Liferay, please let me know.
Corné Aussems
June 28, 2010 11:15 AM
Answer

Corné Aussems

Recent Posts

A bit late but for future reference i use the IBM implementation in a lot of my portlets.

Instead of the jsf-portletbridge.jar provided by IBM you should use the sun-bridge and configure accordingly portlet.xml
1<portlet-class>com.sun.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet</portlet-class>

web.xml
 2    <servlet>
 3        <servlet-name>FileUpload</servlet-name>
 4        <servlet-class>com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
 5        <init-param>
 6            <param-name>portlet-class</param-name>
 7            <param-value>com.sun.faces.portlet.FacesPortlet</param-value>
 8        </init-param>
 9        <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
10    </servlet>

please note that you should have the Sun RI 1.1 in your /web-inf/lib