Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Gordon Augat
One User Layout to Control them All
May 4, 2010 7:29 AM
Answer

Gordon Augat

Recent Posts

Is it possible to control all user layouts (private and public) from one template? I know that you can create a user's layout from a LAR file or from a User Group's pages (http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/How+To+Use+User+Group+Page+Templates). But once the layout is created for a user, it is difficult to change the layout for all users to match a common template. I would like to be able to change a user layout from one common location and have that reflected for every user immediately.
Sandeep Nair
RE: One User Layout to Control them All
May 4, 2010 8:58 PM
Answer

Sandeep Nair

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am not sure if thats possible, because then it would mean someone controlling their layouts. Admin can do it by going to individual user pages, or you can create user group for that, which can be managed by a template, and that gets reflect to all the pages.

Regards,
Sandeep
James McGovern
June 29, 2010 11:50 AM
Answer

James McGovern

Recent Posts

The way that I have accomplished this task is by modifying the database via periodic query updates. If a person customizes their page, you simply <<reset>> it by updating with the appropriate where clauses.
Imtiaz Ahmed
June 29, 2010 3:43 PM
Answer

Imtiaz Ahmed

Recent Posts

Liferay does not allow you to modify user's layouts once they're created. I had the same problem and I overcame it by writing a command line utility which takes the definition of my base layout and checks it for changes against all users's layouts. If it does not match, it updates it accordingly. I think you can do the same. Look for layoutSettings column in layout table.

Thanks,
Imtiaz