Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Mike Lucek
Duplicating Portlet
September 8, 2008 1:35 PM
Answer

Mike Lucek

Recent Posts

I'm looking for a quck and dirty way to duplicate the built-in iFrame portlet each with their own default titles and URL's. I'm working up a demo and want to simulate 3 future portlets using the iFrame portlet, but don't have the time (right now) to convert our existing app/pages into portlets. This is for a look and feel demo as to how the page could look.

I want to demo to the user how to add 3 of our "custom" portlets to a page :

My Page 1 (iFrame) portlet 1 : default title "My Page 1" with default URL of "mypage1.html"

My Page 2 (iFrame) portlet 2 : default title "My Page 2" with default URL of "mypage2.html"

My Page 3 (iFrame) portlet 3 : default title "My Page 3" with default URL of "mypage3.html"

Any help is appreciated !!

Mike
Matt King
RE: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Duplicating Portlet
September 8, 2008 2:00 PM
Answer

Matt King

Recent Posts

Create 3 copies of the iFrame portlet in ext (with different names, etc) and modify each one…not sure how “quick” this would be

From: Mike Lucek at Liferay's Community Forums [mailto:no-reply@liferay.com]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 4:36 PM
To: mb.239390.1282931@events.liferay.com
Subject: [Liferay Forums][3. Development] Duplicating Portlet

I'm looking for a quck and dirty way to duplicate the built-in iFrame portlet each with their own default titles and URL's. I'm working up a demo and want to simulate 3 future portlets using the iFrame portlet, but don't have the time (right now) to convert our existing app/pages into portlets. This is for a look and feel demo as to how the page could look.

I want to demo to the user how to add 3 of our "custom" portlets to a page :

My Page 1 (iFrame) portlet 1 : default title "My Page 1" with default URL of "mypage1.html"

My Page 2 (iFrame) portlet 2 : default title "My Page 2" with default URL of "mypage2.html"

My Page 3 (iFrame) portlet 3 : default title "My Page 3" with default URL of "mypage3.html"

Any help is appreciated !!

Mike
--
Liferay Community Forum
mb.239390.1282931@events.liferay.com
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/1282931

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.16/1654 - Release Date: 9/8/2008 7:01 AM
Mike Lucek
September 8, 2008 3:30 PM
Answer

Mike Lucek

Recent Posts

One probably quick solution I found and should have looked at earlier is using the sun-iframe-portlet.xx.war. Just rename appropriately, reconfigure the preferences as needed. One problem is that the only editable preference is the URL. I'd also like to add the height & width of the resulting iframe. The iframe portlet link on Sun's web site is broken, and am still hunting for the source code that I can stuff into the plugins environment.

Matt King:
Create 3 copies of the iFrame portlet in ext (with different names, etc) and modify each one…not sure how “quick” this would be

Hmmm, I was thinking along those lines. Plus I after poking around the XML files (V5.0.1 anyay), that's exactly what's done with the Global Prayer Digest portlet :

<portlet>
<description xml:lang="EN">Portlet reusing com.liferay.portlet.iframe.IFramePortlet with set preferences</description>
<portlet-name>46</portlet-name>
<display-name>Gospel for Asia</display-name>
<portlet-class>com.liferay.portlet.iframe.IFramePortlet</portlet-class>
<portlet-preferences>
<preference>
<name>src</name>
<value>http://www.gfa.org</value>
</preference>
</portlet-preferences>
</portlet>

and the Gospel for Asia portlet :

<portlet>
<description xml:lang="EN">Portlet reusing com.liferay.portlet.iframe.IFramePortlet with set preferences</description>
<portlet-name>46</portlet-name>
<display-name>Gospel for Asia</display-name>
<portlet-class>com.liferay.portlet.iframe.IFramePortlet</portlet-class>
<expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
<supports>
<mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
</supports>
<resource-bundle>com.liferay.portlet.StrutsResourceBundle</resource-bundle>
<portlet-preferences>
<preference>
<name>src</name>
<value>http://www.gfa.org</value>
</preference>
</portlet-preferences>
</portlet>

Now if I can find out where the initial IFrame HTML attributes are being set/stored, I think this solution will work !

Think I may use the plugin environment since it'll be easier to deploy the resulting portlets rather then have to redeploy the whole ext enviroment.

Mike

Now
Mike Lucek
September 8, 2008 4:32 PM
Answer

Mike Lucek

Recent Posts

initial IFrame HTML attributes are being set/stored

Answered my own question ... guess I like talking to myself emoticon

These can also be set in portlet-custom.xml or portlet-ext.xml (via the ext env)

2    <portlet>
 3        <portlet-name>48</portlet-name>
 4        <display-name>IFrame</display-name>
 5        <portlet-class>com.liferay.portlet.iframe.IFramePortlet</portlet-class>
 6        <expiration-cache>0</expiration-cache>
 8        <portlet-preferences>
 9            <preference>
10                <name>src</name>
11                <value></value>
12            </preference>
14            [b]<preference>
15                <name>height-maximized</name>
16                <value>200</value>
17            </preference>
18            <preference>
19                <name>border</name>
20                <value>1</value>
21            </preference>[/b]
23                .......
24        </portlet-preferences>
Man V K
RE: Duplicating Portlet
April 15, 2009 12:58 AM
Answer

Man V K

Recent Posts

hi iam also trying to dupllicate the iframe portlet, every thing working, but when i plcae the duplicate portlet on the page

i can see two borders( or portlet is overlapping with same portlet) any suggessions ???

thanks
Dharmender Singh
April 22, 2010 4:56 AM
Answer

Dharmender Singh

Recent Posts

Man V K:
hi iam also trying to dupllicate the iframe portlet, every thing working, but when i plcae the duplicate portlet on the page

i can see two borders( or portlet is overlapping with same portlet) any suggessions ???

thanks

Hi all,

I am also facing the same problem of "iframe portlet overlapping" while duplicating the iframe portlet.

Please anybody help me out, i need this help on the very urgent basis.

thanks in advance
Dharmender Singh
April 22, 2010 10:09 PM
Answer

Dharmender Singh

Recent Posts

Dharmender Singh:
Man V K:

thanks

Hi all,

I am also facing the same problem of "iframe portlet overlapping" while duplicating the iframe portlet.

Please anybody help me out, i need this help on the very urgent basis.

thanks in advance

Is anybody there who can help me out from this problem... emoticon

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!