1. Installation / Deployment / Setup
(Opens New Window)
Mark as an Answer
How to add custom role types (sub-types) in Liferay
April 19, 2010 7:06 AM
Rank: Junior Member
Join Date: January 8, 2010
For anyone who may be wondering how to create custom role types (sub-types to be exact). This may be used to search for role types if you have a large number of roles.
Here are the steps:
1) add the following to portal-ext.properties:
# Specify subtypes of roles if you want to be able to search for roles
# using your custom criteria.
2) Restart the app server
3) add a new role (make sure it's type is set to the parent of the sub-type you are wanting to add later. In the example above you would use "regular role" to access "subtype1" later.
4) save the role
5) reopen the role (Actions>Edit)
6) now you will see the subtype menu and you can select subtype1,subtype2 or subtype3
Suggestions: Would be great if we didn't have to save the role first to be able to view the sub-type.
Sign in to vote.
Please sign in to flag this as inappropriate.