Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Glenn Powell
ServiceBuilder creation of tables based on "mapping-table" attribute
February 8, 2008 12:47 AM
Answer

Glenn Powell

Recent Posts

Hi, I have locally modified ServiceBuilder to add the database tables necessary based on the "mapping-table" attribute of many-to-many columns in the service.xml.

I'm wondering why this wasn't implemented in the standard ServiceBuilder. It seems that these tables added manually by Liferay. Why?

If you would like to see my code modifications for possible integration into Liferay's core ServiceBuilder, let me know.
Thanks
-Glenn
Jorge Ferrer
RE: ServiceBuilder creation of tables based on "mapping-table
February 20, 2008 10:07 AM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Glen,

Sounds like a good contribution. You can do it in http://support.liferay.com if you want.
Glenn Powell
February 21, 2008 1:50 AM
Answer

Glenn Powell

Recent Posts

Cool,
I've created 2 issues (LEP-5168, LEP-5169), one for this above improvement and another to add support to ServiceBuilder for defining ALL generated filenames from the command-line. Now you can define custom names for the indexes.sql, indexes.properties, and sequences.sql files as well as the rest.
Both issues have attached files that do not include the fixes found in the other.
Jorge Ferrer
February 21, 2008 1:32 PM
Answer

Jorge Ferrer

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Thanks Glenn.

BTW, you should click "Contribute solution" in the workflow actions menu to flag that you've contributed a solution to the isse.