Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Scott Palmer
LDAP user update after changed mappings
February 15, 2010 11:40 PM
Answer

Scott Palmer

Recent Posts

Wondering if anyone has come across this issue and found a solution?

I'm using LDAP sync with MS AD and NTLM auto sign in.

I recently changed the mapping for Users Email Address in the LDAP tab from the default "UserPrincipalName" to "mail". I saved the settings and restarted the server.

The reason I did this is "UserPrincipalName" is mapped to an email address in the format EmployeeNumber@example.com which isn't what I need. I found that "mail" in AD is in the format of first.last@example.com which is what I'm after.

The problem is Liferay has not updated any of the email addresses. They are all still in the old format (EmpNumber@example.com). It is doing an import at startup (I can see it in the logs) but Liferay does not recognise that I have changed the mapping for Email Addresses. It's as if it's just checking LDAP to see if the users have changed and because they haven't it's not updating any of the user details.

I don't have access to change AD so I need to do one of the following:

-Force liferay to reimport all user data. Is there a method to do this?
-Delete all the user email addresses in the database assuming this will force Liferay to reimport - has anyone done this before? will it break any page ownership, etc?
-Delete all the users except the default admin and reimport everything from AD. As above anyone done this? Any success?

Thanks
Lisa Simpson
RE: LDAP user update after changed mappings
February 20, 2010 3:06 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

You might try posting in the 3rd party integration forum since it si for issues with LDAP, etc.