toggle
Ben Melzer
Portal Instances
February 6, 2008 8:49 AM
Answer

Ben Melzer

Recent Posts

Hi!

I'm running 4.3.3 with Tomcat and I created a second instance. For this second instance the webID is (for example) www.test.com.
If I visit www.test.com with the browser everything is ok, if i type only test.com (without www) i get redirected to the main instance.
I tried to fix that with my DNS-Entries but it wont work. Does anybody know how to fix that?

Thanks a lot!

Regards Ben
Artur Linhart
RE: Portal Instances
February 7, 2008 10:00 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

Hello,

did You specified also the virtual host? You can do it by the instance itself and then byt he guest community...

but unfortunatelly, there is not the possibility to specify multiple firtual hosts... I make it so, I place the another virtual host on another server and if called I perform the redirect to the site with the "correct" address..

with regards, Archie
rnisc ar
March 20, 2008 4:07 AM
Answer

rnisc ar

Recent Posts

I feel confuse on how the portal instance works. I have installed Liferay on virtual hosting (asp hosting). The default instance is configured as "localhost" for "Virtual Host" field. I have created another instance with a domain name on the "Virtual Host" field. The scenario now is the default instance is accessible with www in the url and the second instance is accessible without the www. My question is how do I configure and access both portals in a correct way?
Artur Linhart
March 24, 2008 12:11 PM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

can You specify exactly what You have written into the configuration?

The correct way is how You want it to have :-). For example the default instance like www.mydefaultinstance.com and the second like www.mysecondinstance.com or some similar...

So, access to the instances can vary according to the url You write into the virtual host. I think, if You write there some url which is not defined within some virtual host and You still "land" on the tomcat with liferay (for example You call it by the IP-address used in the url), then You will be redirected to the default instance - but I did not tried it.
Banafshe Bamdad
June 19, 2008 4:08 AM
Answer

Banafshe Bamdad

Recent Posts

Artur Linhart:
Hello,

did You specified also the virtual host? You can do it by the instance itself and then byt he guest community...

but unfortunatelly, there is not the possibility to specify multiple firtual hosts... I make it so, I place the another virtual host on another server and if called I perform the redirect to the site with the "correct" address..

with regards, Archie

Hi,

I want to see your code please; because, I have the same problem. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Artur Linhart
June 24, 2008 12:00 AM
Answer

Artur Linhart

Recent Posts

:-) There is actually no code... I just create an another site with another virtual host name and if the visitor goes to this to this site, then I redirect it to the "right" site - this has to be simply configured in IIS or Apache or whatever server You use to emulate your another virtual site address. Another possibility on Apache is to rewrite the http header, but I did not used this option.

with regards, Artur