Fórumok

omniadmin.user problem

gerald hemmers, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

omniadmin.user problem

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 93 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi all,

It must be me but i can't get my omni.user to work. Ok here is what i did.Using liferay 5.2.3 tomcat

installed liferay.
created a extra instances ... test.testinstance.com (i changed te url for the example)
i created a user with admin rights for the main instance liferay.com and i created a users for the testinstance.com

then edit the portal-ext.properties file by adding this line.

omniadmin.user=liferay.com.3212
(3212 is the id of the user)

after restarting liferay a lost my omniadmin rights for the user.

can someone help me what i did wrong? thnx a lot.

greetings, gerald
Hubert Felber, módosítva 14 év-val korábban

RE: omniadmin.user problem

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 157 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.11.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
gerald hemmers:

omniadmin.user=liferay.com.3212

Gerald,
Try to ommit "liferay.com".
omniadmin.user=3212 should be enough. In 5.2.3 you only specify the userId since the user must belong to default domain anyway.
Hubert

Junior Member Bejegyzések: 93 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2008.05.13. Legújabb bejegyzések
Hi Hubert,

thnx for the response i will check that. But if i understand correctly it is not possible to create a omni admin for a instance. Lets say i want to make a user of a newly created instance omniadmin user then that is not possible. Is that correct?

Thnx for your reply

Gerald

Regular Member Bejegyzések: 157 Csatlakozás dátuma: 2009.11.23. Legújabb bejegyzések
Gerald,
The current liferay administration guide says :
This sets the default web id. Omni admin users must belong to the company with
this web id.
company.default.web.id=liferay.com

Thats why you have to ommit the companyname in omniadmin.users=10404.

# Leave this field blank if users who belong to the right company and have
# the Administrator role are allowed to administer the portal's core
# functionality.
omniadmin.users=10404, 20302

Then *only* these users can administer some core function like adding portlets --- if they have the company id "liferay.com"
Regards
Hubert

Hi hubert,

thnx again. so what you see is correct, if i leave it blank it is fine and in my liferay.com instances the users have the right rules and i have admin users.

# Leave this field blank if users who belong to the right company and have
# the Administrator role are allowed to administer the portal's core
# functionality.

sames to work, but now i want to create an omniadmin.user for the newly created instances lets say newinstance.com i created a user within the newinstance.com with admin rights, but i dont have the rights to install new portlets. (his userid is 1234)
adding:
omniadmin.user=newinstance.com.1234

isn't doing what i supspected giving the users id 1234 within the instance newinstance.com the correct rights. Maybe i'm not configuring it right but how can i add new portlets to a newly created instances. If that is possible without the omniadmin setting that would be nice, because that is the only thing i want to do. (i understand the choice of not giving admin of instances fully server rights)

thnx again for your help.

Hi Gerald,

omniadmin.user=newinstance.com.1234
This does not work.

1. the syntax is wrong, it's only allowed to add userId's (1234).
2. only users of liferay.com (default domain) can be omniadmins, as soon as you use
the "omniadmin.user" definition in you property file.

The main purpose of omniadmin (as I see it) is: If you use ldap authentication and cannot login because of misconfiguration or ldap down, omni admin users still can login (against liferay login module) to fix the problem.

I would try to make it without omniadmin at all. You notice that, if you use omniadmin, only these users can add portlets. Put some users in the newdomain.com the Administrator role and they can do the administration (add portlets, etc).
Hubert

P.S.
seems there is a problem with "quote" when writing posts. The whole text is shown as block.

thnx again for the answer!

the problem is that i created the new user voor de instance newinstance.com
i'm giving the user the administrator role, but i can't add portlets, because when i click on plugins installtions - i will get the message 'You do not have the roles required to access this portlet.'

this happens when don't use the omni admin setting. Can someone test this in a earlier version because it seemes that i can't ad portlets to a instance.

greets,

gerald