Forums

Home » Liferay Portal » English » 2. Using Liferay » General

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Yves LeGrand
Overall Search (Communities, users' public pages,..)
November 20, 2009 5:47 AM
Answer

Yves LeGrand

Recent Posts

Hi again,

i have some questions concerning the search portlet.

A. Is it configurable that a Search portlet can find public pages of any user when it is placed for example on the guest communities public pages? What I need is a search which delivers overall results. Any matching public page which can be found in the portal should appear within the hitlist.

B. If I am using the Search portlet I get some results from a users' public page. But they do link directly to the plain WebContent-Item.
So the link is not a link to the page which contains the WebContent-Item. How can I avoid this? I need the results of the search portlet with links to complete pages which are surrounding the WebContent-Items.
The WebContentSearch - Portlet does behave like this but this one only searches within the actual community and only in WebContents and not in Blogs, Wikis, etc.

Thanks a lot.

Yves
Lisa Simpson
RE: Overall Search (Communities, users' public pages,..)
November 20, 2009 9:58 PM
Answer

Lisa Simpson

Recent Posts

Actually, the search isn't configurable from what I've seen. At least not out of the box. You might be able to write an extension. However, I have to say that we disabled it because it was showing inappropriate results. It will return items to which you do not have the rights to in the results. It doesn't perform the rights check until you actually try to click on something in the display of results.
Victor Zorin
RE: Overall Search (Communities, users' public pages,..)
August 30, 2011 2:49 AM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

I agree, current portlet is not really security aware. By the end of this calendar year we will be placing an extended search portlet for public downloading on liferay.com, it has got all those configuration features, we used it for 1.5 years and does the job. It would take some time as for public release it has to be cleanly unwired from EJB-based app servers (which this portlet uses for search & link click stats collection and analysis, suggestive framework and corporate network search capability. As of now, portlet would not work on tomcat-only installations)

related forum link, and you can download this portlet directly from http://www.myoffice24x7.com/web/mysearch-portlet.