Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Abdulaziz Fawaz
Contributing to Liferay Source Code and features
October 14, 2009 10:20 AM
Answer

Abdulaziz Fawaz

Recent Posts

Hi everyone,

I am an Arabian developer and I am using Liferay for some time. I really would like to thank Liferay team and the community for making Liferay possible!

Although Liferay is filled with features, I have found some limitation when it comes to bilingual. This frustrates me a lot since it will limit the spread of Liferay in the Arabian world and will force people to adopt propriety alternatives. And since I am a developer then I would really want to contribute to Liferay by enhancing it especially the area that is related to localization.

So is there a specific process to contribute to Liferay source code since I didn't find any relevant information on how to join Liferay community.

Abdulaziz
Amos Fong
RE: Contributing to Liferay Source Code and features
October 14, 2009 11:04 AM
Answer

Amos Fong

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Abdulaziz,

That's great to hear! If you are interested in improving the Arabian translation, please read this wiki to join the translation team: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Liferay+Translation+Team

If you would like to contribute source code, go to http://issues.liferay.com and create a JIRA account. From there you can create tickets and contribute patches to help improve Liferay.
Abdulaziz Fawaz
RE: Contributing to Liferay Source Code and features
October 14, 2009 4:31 PM
Answer

Abdulaziz Fawaz

Recent Posts

Thank you very much Amos,

I will start preparing my account in order to contribute and to return back the favor emoticon

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!