toggle
Thomas Buron
Migration WebLogic Portal to Liferay
September 7, 2009 8:57 AM
Answer

Thomas Buron

Recent Posts

Hello,

I have a portal on WebLogic Portal. For configuration, I use a "portal" .xml file to configure my "pages" and "portlets in pages". I would like to know if it's possible to have this on liferay? I need to migrate my portal on Liferay.

Thanks
Brian Kim
RE: Migration WebLogic Portal to Liferay
September 7, 2009 9:07 AM
Answer

Brian Kim

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Thomas Buron:
Hello,

I have a portal on WebLogic Portal. For configuration, I use a "portal" .xml file to configure my "pages" and "portlets in pages". I would like to know if it's possible to have this on liferay? I need to migrate my portal on Liferay.

Thanks

Can you only configure your pages and its portlets via a .xml file? I imagine it can be done via a GUI page manager as well?

In Liferay, this is done primarily via a Control Panel. If you need to migrate, you may want to simply leverage our service layer API. That way you could read in WebLogic's portal.xml file, parse it, and then call Liferay's Layout(Local)ServiceUtil API to insert the pages.
Thomas Buron
September 8, 2009 2:01 AM
Answer

Thomas Buron

Recent Posts

Yes I can use a GUI manager to configure my portlet but in this case a xml file is better for me.

The LayoutLayer API just can configure page, not portlet in pages.

If I parse my xml file and add pages with the API, I Need to add manually with GUI each portlets?
greg ricker
April 29, 2010 6:45 AM
Answer

greg ricker

Recent Posts

Thomas Buron:
Hello,

Thanks

How have you done with your migration? I find myself in a similar situation, needing to migrate weblogic portal and portlets to LifeRay. Not sure how best to proceed.

Greg Ricker
Sigma Infosolutions
August 18, 2010 6:57 AM
Answer

Sigma Infosolutions

Recent Posts

Hi..

"Working out to integrate OpenLDAP in Liferay to incorporate single sign-on feature" looking for input for the same.

Thanks,
Soumitra
anoop halgeri
July 17, 2012 1:39 AM
Answer

anoop halgeri

Recent Posts

Were you guys able to succeed with the migration? Need some info around the same. Kindly share