toggle
Michael Illgner
Link to another liferay web content ?
July 23, 2009 2:36 AM
Answer

Michael Illgner

Recent Posts

Hi folks,
I am just doing my first steps with liferay 5.2.3 and I have a basic question ...
I have written some web content (formerly known as journal content ?) articles to define a homepage for a specific company, just like to 7cogs example.
Is it possible to link to from one web content article to another one in the same content repository ?
How can I configure this link using the fckeditor ?

In addition is it possible to link to another web content portlet even on another page ?

Thanks in advance
Lucas Roberto Thomaz
RE: Link to another liferay web content ?
July 24, 2009 10:55 AM
Answer

Lucas Roberto Thomaz

Recent Posts

I tink i can help you.

For linking pages is simple, you go to your fckeditor and click in link icon. Will open a box asking you the url and others things. Click in locate in the server. Will open a box with the cathegories and you can chose where are your link.
Olaf Kock
July 24, 2009 11:29 AM
Answer

Olaf Kock

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Usually you don't link to specific articles (e.g. WebContent) but to pages that contain the information you want to link to.

If you really want to address some specific content and specific page, you might want to have a look at the addressing that the RSS feeds do. When you create an RSS feed (via ControlPanel/WebContent/Feeds) you provide a page as well as a portlet id that shall be used to display the article from the RSS feed. So while this is possible, it's a lot easier (especially from within the WYSIWYG-editor) to address complete pages, just as Lucas Roberto Thomaz described.
s s
May 10, 2012 7:20 AM
Answer

s s

Recent Posts

The problem with the prescribed solution is that it can only link to Image, Document, or Page resources -- not content. I think there are plenty of reasons to need to link to content - surely people are not creating a "page" for every piece of content they write. For example, if I have "news" structure/templates and a whole bunch of news articles, I am not going to create a page for each of these. Linking to the "news" page is no good - since it is a particular article I want to link see. As Olaf suggests, there must be a way to formulate a URL string to the article -- maybe by "searching" it first and then using a piece of that URL? I'll experiment but if anyone knows, please jump in. Ideally, as a user specified option, the link-to content would render either in the current portlet (source-content) or in a "home page" for that content (6.1 feature I think).
s s
May 17, 2012 5:52 AM
Answer

s s

Recent Posts

Ok, my buddy JR figure something out with this. You can structure a URL link like this...
  • http://yoursite/your-mainpage/your-subpage/-/journal_content/56/10139/284810

Working through the fields backwards; last one is your article-id, before that community-id, 56 is a generic (universal) web content display portlet id. We think it can always be used. I'd like to be able to represent that (and the page) with a generic that means "current page, current portal" but not sure how/if that can be done. You should omit the "http://yoursite" from your link (let it default to current "site" since that portion may change over time).
Angelo ZERR
February 17, 2014 12:10 AM
Answer

Angelo ZERR

Recent Posts

Hi all,

I have the same requirement and if you are interested, I have found a solution (just a POC) with Javascript that I have explained
here

Regards