toggle
Nalini Mathusoothanan
Import/export - Image URLs
March 25, 2014 8:29 AM
Answer

Nalini Mathusoothanan

Recent Posts

Hi,
Actually we are using LARs to export web contents from one environments to another [eg. DEV to UAT]. The issue comes when we use image URLs. Image URLs is dynamic and the same URL cant be used in another environment. Is there any way to define static URL for documents and media that will be common for all the environments. So that there wont be any manual effort to change the URL.

regards,
Nalini
Nalini Mathusoothanan
RE: Import/export - Image URLs
March 27, 2014 8:20 PM
Answer

Nalini Mathusoothanan

Recent Posts

Hi,
Could you please help?

regards,
Nalini
Zsigmond Rab
March 29, 2014 7:58 AM
Answer

Zsigmond Rab

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Nalini,

which version of the portal are you using?

Where are you using those urls? How are you building that url or where do you get from exactly?

I'm asking these, because if you paste the urls to web contents through the editor or copy the one from the editing page of the document and paste that to there, then the urls should be resolved and changed appropriately during the import.

Regards,
Zsigmond
Nalini Mathusoothanan
March 30, 2014 9:42 AM
Answer

Nalini Mathusoothanan

Recent Posts

Hi Zsigmond,
I am using liferay 6.1.3 GA3 version.

I am using document and media field in web content. One of the field in my web content is document and media and I select the image while setting the web content. We have different domain names for SIT, UAT and production. While importing the web content the images are importing properly into documents and media, but the image URLs are remains the same from source environment. For example if I import from SIT to UAT then the UAT image URL is still SIT URL. We have to manually update the images after importing the contents.

We have around 1000 web contents and it is a tedious process for us to change the image URL for each web content manually.

Could you please help us? Is there any other way to resolve this or I miss something here?

regards,
Nalini
Zsigmond Rab
March 31, 2014 10:55 AM
Answer

Zsigmond Rab

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Nalini,

that definitely should work. Which version of the portal are you using? It's worth to check if there is a known bug filed in the Jira.

Regards,
Zsigmond
Nalini Mathusoothanan
April 2, 2014 9:04 AM
Answer

Nalini Mathusoothanan

Recent Posts

Yes. It is working. Thank you.