Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Jong Kim
Deleting companies (instances)
December 6, 2007 12:30 PM
Answer

Jong Kim

Recent Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question in, but here we go.

I've added multiple instances (previously called companies I believe) through Admin -> Instances interface, but could not find a way to delete them. Is there a way to do this? If not through UI, through some other means, for example, via Web Services or by writing custom code as long as such service exists in the core. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

/Jong
JR Houn
RE: Deleting companies (instances)
December 6, 2007 2:52 PM
Answer

JR Houn

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi Jong-
I don't believe that functionality is in the current build of Liferay - maybe someone else in the community knows of a way around this issue?
jr
Suresh Nimmakayala
January 28, 2008 2:02 PM
Answer

Suresh Nimmakayala

Recent Posts

i also face same issue.
i have 5 instances. if 1 or 2 instance no longer exist i want to remove if we have the functionality removing a instance means deleting all corresponding db records and files(lucene) from admin portlet that is great to have.

i personally did not tried to create a manualscript to remove the instance from the database. i am thinking of doing it some stage.
Hopefully nothing breaks.emoticon

i agree it is good to have a dbcleanup script when we dont want a instance.

i love to hear the comments from liferay team how we can handle this.

one morething this instance concept still we need some features, if i deployed a portlet and only want to give the option to see in add content for some instance only how can we achive this. because i am unable to see admin portlet other than default company( for ex:liferay.com).
if we dont want to give the admin portlet to more than one instance at least we able to manage the portlet permissions for instance should be able to do. this is what we are missing i hope currently.

Cheers
soori
Liam Kirsher
March 5, 2008 2:20 PM
Answer

Liam Kirsher

Recent Posts

I also am facing the same problem.
Surely it's possible to delete an instance!
I started using the instance and then discovered it would be better to use communities.
I can't add a community with the same name as the instance, so I'm stuck.

I hope someone will respond soon with a fix!