toggle
Xavier Rodríguez Angrill
Search Portlet navigation.
October 16, 2013 7:24 AM
Answer

Xavier Rodríguez Angrill

Recent Posts

Hi,

I add the Search Portlet in my page, the problem is in navigation when I try to go back once I am in a result. When I do a search, all the results are correctly showed in another page, when I open a link from the results list then I want to go back. I press over "Return to Full Page" and it shows all the results in the main page(where I put the portlet) not in the page before where all the results are displayed. Anybody knows about it?

Regards,

- Xavier -
Xavier Rodríguez Angrill
RE: Search Portlet navigation.
October 16, 2013 11:47 PM
Answer

Xavier Rodríguez Angrill

Recent Posts

Hi,

I'm testing it in Liferay Community Edition GA3.

regards,

- Xavier -
Anna Pakkala
November 14, 2013 5:21 AM
Answer

Anna Pakkala

Recent Posts

I've got this exact same issue and it's really annoying. emoticon
I guess no solution?
Victor Zorin
November 14, 2013 12:51 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

Anna Pakkala:
I've got this exact same issue and it's really annoying. emoticon
I guess no solution?

For a user-friendlier utilsation of Search Portlet you have to adjust the design of your site according to the information the search is done for.

Sometimes good results are delivered when search portlet is deployed on every page and search is invoked from the search field within the top menu using theme facilities.
Search Portlet gets maximized, user does the search which may navigate user away to another page or display content on the current page.

You should also consider how do you structure your web content, is this content sitting on static pages? or it is just an article without the page allocation but searchable?, do you want to allocate a view page for such articles?, or it is OK to display them within the search portlet?, etc, etc...

I can provide you a link to one of the recently designed sites, so you can have a look at various models of search.
(Unfortunately I cannot provide link on this forum as we are not allowed to share customer details on public forums, so you would need to get it directly from me)