toggle
Vinicius Santos
How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 4:24 AM
Answer

Vinicius Santos

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Liferay with other systems but I am stuck at the add-user service, I keep sending request similar to this one?

1http://localhost:8080/api/secure/jsonws/user/add-user/company-id/1/autoPassword/false/password1/teste/password2/teste/auto-screen-name/true/screen-name/vrsbrazil/email-address/vrsbrazil%40istya.net/-facebook-id/-open-id/-locale/first-name/Vinicius/-middle-name/last-name/Santos/-prefix-id/-suffix-id/male/false/-birthday-month/-birthday-day/-birthday-year/-job-title/-group-ids/-organization-ids/-role-ids/-user-group-ids/send-email/true

But keep getting an error that does not help at all: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
I also tried to include com.liferay.portal.service to my Log Lever Category on ALL but still nothing, can anyone help?
Vinicius Santos
RE: How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 5:41 AM
Answer

Vinicius Santos

Recent Posts

I realized that long and int parameters are not nullable for some reason, so I redesigned the request to:

1http://localhost:8080/api/secure/jsonws/user/add-user/company-id/1/autoPassword/false/password1/teste/password2/teste/auto-screen-name/false/screen-name/vrsbrazil/email-address/vrsbrazil%40istya.net/facebook-id/0/-open-id/-locale/first-name/Vinicius/-middle-name/last-name/Santos/prefix-id/0/suffix-id/0/male/false/birthday-month/3/birthday-day/19/birthday-year/1970/-job-title/-group-ids/-organization-ids/-role-ids/-user-group-ids/send-email/true

That did the trick... I still don´t understand why the logging config didn´t work though...
Andrew Jardine
RE: How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 6:44 AM
Answer

Andrew Jardine

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Have you tried increasing the logging level of com.liferay.portal.action.JSONServiceAction ? I think by default it is set to INFO but perhaps with DEBUG enabled you would get more of the information you are looking for.