toggle
Vinicius Santos
How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 4:24 AM
Answer

Vinicius Santos

Recent Posts

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Liferay with other systems but I am stuck at the add-user service, I keep sending request similar to this one?

1http://localhost:8080/api/secure/jsonws/user/add-user/company-id/1/autoPassword/false/password1/teste/password2/teste/auto-screen-name/true/screen-name/vrsbrazil/email-address/vrsbrazil%40istya.net/-facebook-id/-open-id/-locale/first-name/Vinicius/-middle-name/last-name/Santos/-prefix-id/-suffix-id/male/false/-birthday-month/-birthday-day/-birthday-year/-job-title/-group-ids/-organization-ids/-role-ids/-user-group-ids/send-email/true

But keep getting an error that does not help at all: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
I also tried to include com.liferay.portal.service to my Log Lever Category on ALL but still nothing, can anyone help?
Vinicius Santos
RE: How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 5:41 AM
Answer

Vinicius Santos

Recent Posts

I realized that long and int parameters are not nullable for some reason, so I redesigned the request to:

1http://localhost:8080/api/secure/jsonws/user/add-user/company-id/1/autoPassword/false/password1/teste/password2/teste/auto-screen-name/false/screen-name/vrsbrazil/email-address/vrsbrazil%40istya.net/facebook-id/0/-open-id/-locale/first-name/Vinicius/-middle-name/last-name/Santos/prefix-id/0/suffix-id/0/male/false/birthday-month/3/birthday-day/19/birthday-year/1970/-job-title/-group-ids/-organization-ids/-role-ids/-user-group-ids/send-email/true

That did the trick... I still don´t understand why the logging config didn´t work though...
Andrew Jardine
RE: How can I make add-user service show more specific errors
September 19, 2013 6:44 AM
Answer

Andrew Jardine

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Have you tried increasing the logging level of com.liferay.portal.action.JSONServiceAction ? I think by default it is set to INFO but perhaps with DEBUG enabled you would get more of the information you are looking for.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!