toggle
Sanjay Kunni Kannan
Deploying Liferay 6.1 CE EXT plugin in Weblogic 12c
July 17, 2013 10:29 PM
Answer

Sanjay Kunni Kannan

Recent Posts

Hi,

I have deployed EXT plugin in WLS 12c but could not see the changes when i login to Liferay. I have seen forums and tried out few options without any luck. If anyone has made it to work please let me know.

Regards,
Sanjay
Juan Gonzalez
RE: Deploying Liferay 6.1 CE EXT plugin in Weblogic 12c
July 18, 2013 1:55 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

After deploying, were any message in log files?

If ext was deployed succesfully, you have to restart server to apply changes.
Serdar Ayalp
July 18, 2013 2:41 AM
Answer

Serdar Ayalp

Recent Posts

The direct-deploy target deploys all plugin changes directly to the appropriate directories in the Liferay application. The deploy target creates a .war file with your changes and then deploys it to your server. Either way, your server must be restarted after the deploy occurs. Using direct-deploy is usually preferred for deploying Ext plugins during development. However, direct-deploy does not work in WebLogic Server or WebSphere application server environments.

http://www.liferay.com/de/documentation/liferay-portal/6.1/development/-/ai/developing-an-ext-plug-4
Sanjay Kunni Kannan
July 18, 2013 4:26 AM
Answer

Sanjay Kunni Kannan

Recent Posts

Juan Gonzalez:
After deploying, were any message in log files?

If ext was deployed succesfully, you have to restart server to apply changes.

Hi Juan,

If i deploy EXT in weblogic to the deploy folder, it does not deploy to weblogic properly. It copies to weblogic's autodeploy folder and extracts the EXT war.

If i package the above extracted files in autodeploy folder again to WAR and deploy using weblogic console, it gets deployed properly. But am not able to see the changes that i have made in EXT even after server restart.

After looking into the forums, I modified two things

1. I modified the weblogic.xml file to load the application jar files files by adding the tag <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
2. Copied the portal-impl-ext classes to EXT WEB-INF/classes

After deploying the WAR with the above modified changes via console and restarting the server it worked!!

Is this way EXT works in Weblogic?

Also, on top of this i want to ask you if the portlets are moved from hidden category (control panel portlets) to other category in EXT ( liferay-display-ext.xml) does it work in 6.1?