Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Tim Cardwell
Copying or Pointing an existing Asset Publisher
June 20, 2013 9:24 AM
Answer

Tim Cardwell

Recent Posts

Is there a way to create a new Asset Publisher that points to an existing Asset Publisher?

Lets say I have lots of content in Asset Publisher A on page A.
I also have an Asset Publisher B on page B.
Is there a way to point Asset Publisher B to Asset Publisher A so both of them display the same content?

If this is not possible, is there a way to copy Asset Publisher A so that I can put it on page A and page B?

Thanks,
-Tim
Victor Zorin
RE: Copying or Pointing an existing Asset Publisher
June 20, 2013 4:21 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

One of the options which we used when cross-referencing web content. This may probably not what you need, but anyway:

In Publisher A configuration, mark it as 'Set as the Default Asset Publisher for this page'. Each Web Content must have 'Display Page' pointing to this Publisher A page.
Once this is done, any click on Publisher B item (as well as any other asset publisher and/or search portlet results) will bring the user to Publisher A page.

In terms of copying Asset Publisher configurations there are a couple of options depending how often do you have to do this:
1. you may copy page as a whole, using Manage > Page > Copy Portlets from page
2. copy preferences from one asset publisher to another one, using Export/Import or even in database via portletpreferences row copy assuming that you now plid of both pages.
Tim Cardwell
RE: Copying or Pointing an existing Asset Publisher
June 21, 2013 9:44 AM
Answer

Tim Cardwell

Recent Posts

Victor,

Thanks for the reply. I should have let you know that I am looking for a way to do this because I need to implement an RSS feed for Publisher A, but I don't want the RSS icon to appear at the bottom of the portlet. I wanted to make a deep copy of Publisher A so that if it changed, Publisher B would also change. (Publisher B would have been on a separate site where user's wouldn't be able to see.)

It looks like I don't even need to have 'RSS' enabled on the asset publisher to get an RSS feed. If my early testing is correct, all I need to do is form the rss url: www.liferayhost.com/page_location/-/asset_publisher/publisherID/rss

I believe that link will give me an RSS feed of any asset publisher even if RSS feed isn't enabled. (Assuming page_location and publisherID are correct.)

Thanks for the help, and I probably wouldn't have come to this conclusion without it.
-Tim