toggle
Marc Herber
reset Liferay
May 27, 2013 5:59 AM
Answer

Marc Herber

Recent Posts

Hi all,

it's kind of awkward but how can I reset Liferay in a way that all users already created are deleted?
My problem is we have installed Liferay on our testing environment already a few weeks ago and I have created the first user. But afterwards we didn't work with the software and today I'm not aware of the password any more.

Unfortunatelly I can't send me an email to simply create a new password because it seems like that the mail sending is not yet working.
Even if I can answer the security question correctly I don't get any emails.

Because I do not have created any content so far it's not a problem to reset the complete system. But how can I achieve this??

Thanks in advance.
sangeeth k
RE: reset Liferay
May 27, 2013 6:40 AM
Answer

sangeeth k

Recent Posts

Hi Marc Herber,

For reset so many ways:

one method:

1Stop the server and drop database and create the new database and replace database name in properties files, and start the server.

Second method:

1  qUqP5cyxm6YcTAhz05Hph5gvu9M=  this encrypted information is test , So replace this encrypted in user_ table password filed and restart the server.
2So for that particular user password is test.

The above methods are helpful.

These methods are correct or not, waiting for experts reply.
Victor Zorin
May 29, 2013 9:50 PM
Answer

Victor Zorin

Recent Posts

Also, if you forgot the password (even for Portal Administrator) there is a trick to modify/hack it directly within the Liferay database, even if it is encrypted.

Some time ago we made post of how-to-hack the password, this thread should still be available.

Last week we used this approach to break into a portal with forgotten/mismanaged password (Liferay 6.1.20 EE), it looks like this trick works in all latest versions too.

COMMENT: This is not a security hole as the user must have access to portal's backend and the database...
Manish Yadav
May 29, 2013 10:09 PM
Answer

Manish Yadav

Recent Posts

Victor Zorin:

Some time ago we made post of how-to-hack the password, this thread should still be available.

Hi Victor ,
Could you please share link of that post

Thanks & Regards
Manish Banwari lal Yadav
Email:- manishyadav1103@gmail.com