toggle
Hervé Ménage
Deploying a theme manually- NOT HOT deployment
March 10, 2009 8:21 AM
Answer

Hervé Ménage

Recent Posts

Hello,

I am looking for a way to deploy a customer theme manually, i.e. without using the hot deploy mechanism, which is actually not working on my Websphere environment.

I am using Liferay Plugin SDK to create the new theme.
When I deploy it using the ANT task, the generated WAR is not fully ready for deployment: the web.xml file is missing for example.
The missing files are generated only when the theme is deployed in the application server (e.g. Tomcat) and hot-deployed by Liferay, which one generates a new WAR with all files....

This behavoiur is not working in WebSphere, and I do not want to hot deploy the plugins.

How can I generate the final WAR which contains all the files.

So, what I am looking for is a way to deploy the theme WAR file will all the descriptor files from the Plugin SDK. This WAR file shall be ready for deployment on the application server.

Thank you for your help

Regards
Hervé
Wilson Man
RE: Deploying a theme manually- NOT HOT deployment
March 10, 2009 10:11 AM
Answer

Wilson Man

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

hey Herve,

i haven't used Websphere before but I was wondering if this would work ...
if you have Tomcat of JBoss-Tomcat setup in your development environment, maybe you can first hot deploy there, and then take what's deployed and jar that up as a WAR and redeploy to Websphere?
Hervé Ménage
March 10, 2009 10:45 AM
Answer

Hervé Ménage

Recent Posts

Hi,

Thanks for the idea. It is actually what I am doing: but the generated WAR gets exploded into the webapps folder. PerhapsI can tune this with the properties.

I was wondering if there were an ANT task I could invoke instead to automate the process.

Nevertheless, I managed to deploy the theme in webpshere by updating the whole EAR, which contains Liferay and the theme.
It appears as a theme, but it is not working: when I select it, a blank page is displayed in the browser, and no log at all..... emoticon
Of course it works on Tomcat.

I will continue to investigate tomorrow...

Regards
Hervé
Wilson Man
March 10, 2009 11:38 AM
Answer

Wilson Man

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

hey Hervé,

for the first point, yeah, i think you can add an ANT script to JAR it up in your webapps under tomcat. You can probably dig a little deeper into the deploy task and maybe do it right by modifying or "extending" it.

As for the EAR for websphere, i can't help much there. Hopefully someone else with more experience can chime in.

wilson