toggle
Brian Scott Schupbach
Community User Administrator
February 11, 2009 2:30 PM
Answer

Brian Scott Schupbach

Recent Posts

Hello,

We are using liferay to host 60 some sites. Each site has a team of users that edit the content of their community. Currently if a site would like to add a member or remove a member from their team it needs to go through the super admin. We would like it if the site administrator was able to add new users to their community without the super admin's involvement.

For example:

There is a water web site with 30 members in it. The administrator for the site is in control of managing pages, user roles, etc.. If a new user is assigned on the water team we would like this administrator to have the ability to create the user account and assign it to the water community. The water administrator would not have the ability to create user or assign users in any other communities. The water administrator would ONLY have the ability to create and assign users in their own community.

It seems like this might be possible if I were to have created the sites as an organization rather than a community but I'm not positive...

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
Zsolt Balogh
RE: Community User Administrator
August 18, 2009 2:26 AM
Answer

Zsolt Balogh

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Is there any solution since this post?

I'm trying to create a community role and add permissions to that, so the users with this one could give roles for another users in the community.
Zsolt Balogh
RE: Community User Administrator
August 18, 2009 6:48 AM
Answer

Zsolt Balogh

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Here is a solution for my problem: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-4571