toggle
David Matrai
Page Template Updates
February 1, 2013 5:12 AM
Answer

David Matrai

Recent Posts

Hello

I am using Liferay 6.1 GA2 deployed on a glassfish server (CentOS) and am having trouble with page templates

So lets say I have 4 sites setup on 4 seperate site-templates that share the same page-template (homepage)

each of these sites have a page called home which links to homepage-template. normally on these pages I keep the "automatically apply changes done to the page template" unchecked.

when i go to do an update on my page I go back into all four sites and check the above setting -- after i go to the page-template(homepage) and import a lar file that was created from a page-template(homepage) on a sister system (same setup)

the update says it was successful but when I go back into the sites the home page has not changed .....

refreshed a few times -- nothing changes

if i drag a new portlet onto the page and refresh it then shows me the bar that says "stuff has happened to the template click reset" -- once I click reset the imported page layout is good to go.

im wondering why the import of new settings did not cause the "reset" bar to appear immediately on the affected pages.

is there some sort of property setting that needs to be added -- or can I force the refresh of all pages somehow after the page template import ??

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Dave
Vilmos Papp
RE: Page Template Updates
February 1, 2013 5:36 AM
Answer

Vilmos Papp

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi David,

It's weird, but if you can easily reproduce it, please open a JIRA ticket so someone could verify it step-by-step and fix it if it's needed. If you are running 6.1 GA2 EE you can even file it to the support as well.

Cheers,
Vilmos