Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Mariano Ruiz
JSP strip string variables
January 28, 2013 6:22 AM
Answer

Mariano Ruiz

Recent Posts

When I use the component <aui:input type="textarea" name="observations" /> in a JSP page, if the variable observations have this value (look the line return):

1Hello..
2..World!

This I have in the result HTML code:

1<textarea id="portletXXX_id_observations" name="portletXXX_id_observations">Hello..
2..World!</textarea>

But, if I not use the component, and I put this code in my JSP code:

1<textarea id="<portlet:namespace />observations" name="<portlet:namespace />observations">${observations}</textarea>

I obtains this:

1<textarea id="portletXXX_id_observations" name="portletXXX_id_observations">Hello.. ..World!</textarea>

The break line is striped! I know if I add in the URL the parameter "strip" then the HTML is not striped, but this is for development testing. Also I can put a variable in portal-ext.properties to prevent this, but I don't want do that, only I want prevent the string strip.

Also I try this:

1<textarea id="<portlet:namespace />observations" name="<portlet:namespace />observations"><c:out value="${observations}" /></textarea>

And this:

1<textarea id="<portlet:namespace />observations" name="<portlet:namespace />observations"><%= observations %></textarea>

Nothing worked.
Vilmos Papp
RE: JSP strip string variables
January 28, 2013 6:47 AM
Answer

Vilmos Papp

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Hi,

Try to turn of StripFiler in your portal-ext.properties:

1com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.strip.StripFilter=false

Regards,
Vilmos
Mariano Ruiz
January 28, 2013 7:16 AM
Answer

Mariano Ruiz

Recent Posts

Thanks Vilmos, but I say:

... Also I can put a variable in portal-ext.properties to prevent this, but I don't want do that, only I want prevent the string strip.

Only I want prevent this behaviour when I print a string.

Maybe I should look at the source code of the tag aui:input to see how it does ...
Mariano Ruiz
April 3, 2013 9:09 AM
Answer

Mariano Ruiz

Recent Posts

I found the the solution, sorry for the late of the response.

I found this making introspection and debugging into the StripFilter class, but the solution is very simple: only you need put a blank space after “<textarea” text (“<textarea >”), in this way, StripFilter recognize the content of the tag (ended with </textarea> ) as no strip content.

This is a regression bug, because in previous versions of Liferay this error was reported and fixed, but anyway, we can solve the problem with this “hack”.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!