toggle
Afif Abu Bakar
Virtual Hosting error
January 25, 2013 1:32 PM
Answer

Afif Abu Bakar

Recent Posts

Hi!

I have developed this portal which already live now. I've been comparing the logs files before and after the portal went live.
And I found this error

INFO [PortalImpl:4873] Current URL /robots.txt generates exception: No VirtualHost exists with the key {hostname=www.website.com}
INFO [PortalImpl:4894] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchVirtualHostException: No VirtualHost exists with the key {hostname=www.website.com}

Before the portal went live, that error was never came out. It only appeared after the portal went live. Currently I didn't set anything on Virtual Hosting. Is it because of that? Do I really need to set it to reflect current domain?
David H Nebinger
RE: Virtual Hosting error
January 25, 2013 1:47 PM
Answer

David H Nebinger

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

No, more likely the search engines were not hitting your test site. Since they are now, robots.txt is being referenced and it would appear you didn't set it up yet...
Afif Abu Bakar
January 25, 2013 2:33 PM
Answer

Afif Abu Bakar

Recent Posts

David H Nebinger:
No, more likely the search engines were not hitting your test site. Since they are now, robots.txt is being referenced and it would appear you didn't set it up yet...

Thank you for replied. How can I overcome this error then? Will it affect anything?
Hitoshi Ozawa
January 26, 2013 3:48 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Which version of Liferay are you using?

There was a bug before 6.1.0
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-10275
Afif Abu Bakar
January 26, 2013 9:42 AM
Answer

Afif Abu Bakar

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Which version of Liferay are you using?

There was a bug before 6.1.0
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-10275

6.1 CE GA1

Is this error serious? Since I have another problem. I have this web form portlet. I've tested it on test site it does send the email but on live site its not working.
Don't know whether its because of Virtual Hosting or not. Logs mentioned it wasn't recognized my gmail smtp setting which is smtp.gmail.com. Weird. It was recognized on test site but not on live site.
Michael Wall
January 28, 2013 7:56 AM
Answer

Michael Wall

Recent Posts

No it isn't a serious issue. I started getting them when I upgraded to 6.0.12 EE. I handle them at my http server level.

On the smtp issue, have you tried telnetting from the production environment to smtp.gmail.com on the appropriate port?

Your production environment may have been hardened (by IT) so may restrict outbound traffic that your non production environment allowed.