Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
I Patrick
Editing login.jsp produces errors
January 23, 2013 12:34 PM
Answer

I Patrick

Recent Posts

I edited the login page but when I tried reloading the web site the page rendered incorrectly and I saw an error in the liferay log file. I revered to the original version of login.jsp but the errors persist. Can someone suggest how I might be able to get out of this mess? Thanks in advance.

The file I edited was the following.
liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/html/portlet/login/login.jsp

Here is the error in the log file.
20:26:57,128 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-1][IncludeTag:253] Current URL / generates exception: /html/portlet/login/login.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) /html/portlet/login/init.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) /html/portlet/init.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/tld/._liferay-theme.tld: (line 1, col 1)
20:26:57,131 ERROR [http-bio-8080-exec-1][IncludeTag:154] org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /html/portlet/login/login.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) /html/portlet/login/init.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) /html/portlet/init.jsp (line: 17, column: 0) Unable to initialize TldLocationsCache: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/tld/._liferay-theme.tld: (line 1, col 1)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:42)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:408)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:89)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.processIncludeDirective(Parser.java:324)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseIncludeDirective(Parser.java:357)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:467)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1427)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:138)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:242)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:102)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:198)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:373)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:353)
at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:340)
at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:646)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:357)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:334)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
I Patrick
RE: Editing login.jsp produces errors
January 23, 2013 12:47 PM
Answer

I Patrick

Recent Posts

Sorry to waste your time. It looks like those are osx files. The following command fixed the problem.

cd liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2/tomcat-7.0.27/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF ; find . -name "._*" -exec rm {} \;