toggle
Mohammad Danish
Cache web contents
January 6, 2013 11:09 PM
Answer

Mohammad Danish

Recent Posts

Hello Experts,
we are having our site in production using LR 6.0.6 , mysql on centOs having 4GB RAM and currently we are facing performance issue in that .
We are heavily using asset publisher and web contents .
While testing the website I observed that the pages which are not having asset publisher (like http://indianpetrochem.com/web/guest/career) are loading in a time span of 2 seconds but the pages which are having asset publisher takes(like http://indianpetrochem.com/statistics ) a time of 6 to 7 seconds to load . So we get to the conclusion that due to the asset publisher and web content only the page gets slow i.e due to not caching the web content.
I tried to search the forum for caching the web content and found this link. http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/ehCache+Configuration .
But i am not able to find where to put this entry.
Can you help me out to do the same or any other work .
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: Cache web contents
January 6, 2013 11:15 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I don't think it's the cache. The problem may be with permission.
Mohammad Danish
January 6, 2013 11:18 PM
Answer

Mohammad Danish

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I don't think it's the cache. The problem may be with permission.

Permission??
Can you please elaborate..
Milen Dyankov
January 7, 2013 2:09 PM
Answer

Milen Dyankov

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The cache is enabled by default and unless you are configuring a cluster or caching own entities you shouldn't have to do anything else.
What are the rules to select content to display in AssetPublisher? Are you using tags and/or categories to find the content?
Also, if I recall correctly, the performance of AssetPublisher was improved in 6.1. - Not sure whether upgrading to 6.1 is possible in your case but is an option to consider.
Mohammad Danish
January 7, 2013 9:05 PM
Answer

Mohammad Danish

Recent Posts

Thanks Milen for your reply,

Milen Dyankov:
What are the rules to select content to display in AssetPublisher? Are you using tags and/or categories to find the content?
Also, if I recall correctly, the performance of AssetPublisher was improved in 6.1. - Not sure whether upgrading to 6.1 is possible in your case but is an option to consider.

we are using a set of categories to find the content and then display them.
Yes It is all because of asset publisher performance only, we tried removing some of the asset publishers and find that the performance has increased drastically .

So now the question is how can we improve the performance of asset publisher without upgrading the LR version .