Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Kevin Meyer
LDAP Password exception
January 6, 2009 9:01 AM
Answer

Kevin Meyer

Recent Posts

Newly installed 5.1.2 with LDAP authentication. I have one user who is in the User_ table and he is able to login. I have another user who is not in the User_ table and should be imported on first login. However I am getting this message in the log file:

Loading jar:file:/opt/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.1.2/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/captcha.properties
16:46:03,088 ERROR [PortalLDAPUtil:60] Problem adding user with screen name test and email address test@domain.com
com.liferay.portal.UserPasswordException
at com.liferay.portal.security.pwd.PasswordPolicyToolkit.validate(PasswordPolicyToolkit.java:77)
at com.liferay.portal.security.pwd.PwdToolkitUtil._validate(PwdToolkitUtil.java:75)
at com.liferay.portal.security.pwd.PwdToolkitUtil.validate(PwdToolkitUtil.java:57)
<snip>

I am not sure why there is a pasword exception. I don't have a password policy set.

anyhelp would be great!

-kevin
Juan Gonzalez
RE: LDAP Password exception
January 7, 2009 8:10 AM
Answer

Juan Gonzalez

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

The screen name "test" is the screen name for the default user. Perhaps may be the problem.

Or perhaps it's caused by an empty password, or any other LDAP attribute data that must be not empty.