Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Gib Veconi
Can't access User Group pages without personal pages in 6.1.1?
November 24, 2012 3:02 PM
Answer

Gib Veconi

Recent Posts

We're testing LR 6.1.1 CE GA2 with a site we've been running on 6.1.0. Our site makes use of User Group public and private pages for LR's social networking portlets and our proprietary portlets. We don't allow user personal public or private pages.

Under 6.1.0, users can navigate to their User Group pages from the "Go to" menu by choosing, for instance, "My Public Pages." However, under 6.1.1, that choice will not appear unless the user has a page created in his personal public pages. When only User Group pages are present for the user, he can't navigate to them. The same behavior goes for User Group private pages.

We are using the following settings in portal-ext.properties:

1layout.user.public.layouts.enabled=true
2layout.user.private.layouts.enabled=true
4layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=false
5layout.user.private.layouts.auto.create=false

Is the requirement for a user personal page to be able to use a User Group page a new feature of 6.1.1? Or can someone explain how to enable users to be able to navigate to User Group pages without a personal page?

Thanks,

Gib
Gib Veconi
RE: Can't access User Group pages without personal pages in 6.1.1?
November 25, 2012 9:43 AM
Answer

Gib Veconi

Recent Posts

I've found a workaround for this problem. I created a single user public page and a user private page, and set the hidden attribute on each of them. This causes the "My Public Pages" and "My Private Pages" items to appear in the Go To menu, but doesn't display the personal pages to the user.

I then created .lar files for each of these "dummy" pages, and used the following lines in portal-ext.properties to assign them as defaults for users without personal pages:

1layout.user.public.layouts.enabled=true
 2layout.user.private.layouts.enabled=true
 4layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=true
 5layout.user.private.layouts.auto.create=true
 7layout.user.public.layouts.modifiable=false
 8layout.user.private.layouts.modifiable=false
10default.user.private.layouts.lar=${liferay.home}/deploy/default-user-private.lar
11default.user.public.layouts.lar=${liferay.home}/deploy/default-user-public.lar

This accomplishes what we want for the site, but at the cost of giving every user two dummy pages, so I don't really like this kludge. I'm hoping someone here can provide a solution that will cause 6.1.1 to function like 6.1.0 in this regard, or otherwise confirm this as a bug.

Thanks,

Gib