Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Mitko Zafirovski
Integration of Liferay CEv6.0.6 with GWT v2.5.0 and maven
November 20, 2012 1:59 AM
Answer

Mitko Zafirovski

Recent Posts

Hello all,
I have a very big problem when trying to integrate liferay + gwt using maven. From what i saw on this forum i couldn't find any guide that could help me out with this so i tried on my own. By the looks of it it was really straight forward by following couple of tutorials.
Create a liferay portlet (using a maven archetype) i had some twigs to the portlet mainly using a dispatcher portlet instead of MVCPortlet (but thats not in the scope of this article) etc. Then i followed a normal GWT patern (tried both using a div and iframe) crated the entry point and tried to run it. In the pom of the portlet i added the following execution:
 1  <plugin>
 2                                <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
 3                                <artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
 4                                <version>2.5.0</version>
 5                                <executions>
 6                                <execution>
 8                                    <goals>
 9                                    <goal>compile</goal>
10                                    </goals>
11                                </execution>
12                                </executions>
13                            </plugin>

I run the build and everything was ok.
The plugin created all the necessary js,html files and placed them in the application/gwt-name folder.
When i place the portlet on the page i received an empty div and the main reason is this. In the nocache.js where the css and html created by gwt were called i recived a Internal Server Error. After looking around a bit for the css part (standard.css) the gwt was calling it plain with out a minifierType and this is what it was causing the problem. But for one of the generated html i can not find a way to invoke it.

Is there any other specific way how i can integrate this three things, or if anyone have managed to make them work together to give me some hints.

Thanks in advance
Mitko

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!