Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Miguel Ángel Júlvez
6.1.1 tag is still missing!!
November 17, 2012 4:08 AM
Answer

Miguel Ángel Júlvez

Recent Posts

6.1.1 tag is still missing in github liferay-pugins and sourceforge liferay-plugins

Regards
Hitoshi Ozawa
RE: 6.1.1 tag is still missing!!
November 17, 2012 4:21 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Confirmed. There's 6.1.1 tag for a portal but not for plugins.

Is Liferay.com going to fix this?
James Falkner
November 19, 2012 11:30 AM
Answer

James Falkner

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Confirmed. There's 6.1.1 tag for a portal but not for plugins.

Is Liferay.com going to fix this?

Probably not - plugins are always evolving and are now decoupled from the portal releases, and distributed on Marketplace, and have their own versions. So having a single tag for all plugins will make less sense as time goes on. I wonder if git has a way to tag subtrees, as now each plugin is decoupled from portal and from other plugins. Probably not.
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 19, 2012 3:09 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

I'm kind of wondering how unbundled portlet source code will be managed. I see them in the Marketplace but I don't think all of them are in github. Where would the source code be?

I think what's confusing about your statement is that there is a 6.2.0m1 tag for plugins. This seems contradictory to your statement.
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tags
James Falkner
November 20, 2012 2:48 PM
Answer

James Falkner

Community Moderator

Recent Posts

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I'm kind of wondering how unbundled portlet source code will be managed. I see them in the Marketplace but I don't think all of them are in github. Where would the source code be?

There shouldn't be any Liferay-authored apps on Marketplace that do not have source code on github (except for the EE-only apps). If there is, that's a bug and will be fixed, but I don't think so.. if you find any, let me know!

I think what's confusing about your statement is that there is a 6.2.0m1 tag for plugins. This seems contradictory to your statement.
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tags

To be honest, we're still trying to find the best way to manage the versioning and release policy for individual, independent plugins. Right now they're all in liferay-plugins repo, but they can now evolve independently. So I talked to bchan and he has added the 6.1.1 tag for liferay-plugins. As long as they are all in a single repo and are all updated in unison for each portal release, it makes sense (and is useful) to have a portal version tag for plugins, but the plugins themselves have their own versions now (and most will not be published along with a Liferay release - instead, they'll be uploaded on Marketplace). So it's more like a convenient timestamp for when a portal was released, to indicate that the plugins were compatible with portal at that tag level.

Participate in the State of Liferay Community 2017. Help the community and even win some prizes!