Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hitoshi Ozawa
Externalized strings to Language.properties file
November 16, 2012 9:34 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

Hi, I've externalized all the strings in liferay ide to Language.properties file. Created issue: IDE-734 and created a pull request on github (https://github.com/gamerson/liferay-ide/pull/72). I hope I did this correctly because I'm still using svn at work and private and this is my first time with github.

Getting strings to properties files should be sufficient for most Japanese developers using Japanese version of eclipse to view all messages in Japanese.

Cheers.
Gregory Amerson
RE: Externalized strings to Language.properties file
November 17, 2012 12:23 AM
Answer

Gregory Amerson

LIFERAY STAFF

Recent Posts

Thanks Hitoshi. It was great to meet you last week at the Liferay Japan community event. My team will take a look at your contributed files and get them merged into our official i18n process. We may change the format of the message lookups but the translations should be identical. Thanks again for this contribution.
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 17, 2012 2:42 AM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

We may change the format of the message lookups but the translations should be identical. Thanks again for this contribution.

No problem. Change it as seems fit. I just need the externalized version for Japanese developers before Christmas vacation. It's one of the blocking feature preventing more Japanese developers from developing portlets.
Hitoshi Ozawa
November 18, 2012 1:27 PM
Answer

Hitoshi Ozawa

Recent Posts

BTW, to all those who can't wait, the fork is available below:

https://github.com/htshozawa/liferay-ide/tree/ide-734